Acid reflux. Ear problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

15 months ago, one of my ears started to make popping and bubbling sounds when I was sleeping. It has not stopped ever since. This only happens when I am laying down or sleeping, same thing. Doctors are giving me guesses but no proper diagnoses. One of them was acid reflux. I am wondering if it is. I am already on prevacid and have been the last seven years. When I lie down, between 10 and 15 minutes later, I can hear a bubbling, popping sound in my one ear. If I adjust my head, it does stop for awhile but will start again. It will continue to make sounds until I get up and awake for the day. I never hear it. Only when I am sleeping. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar? Could it be acid reflux? or something else. Please help. Thank you

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hardening up of ear wax ...which leads to reduced hearing...treatment basically is a week of using something called earlol which loosens the wax....then the practice nurse then fills the ear with warm water then sucks it out with a motorised syringe,the risk is that can inflame the ear which has happen to me..
  • Posted

Isn't this a gravity thing? You're up and you hear no popping. You lay down and you hear popping.
    • Posted

Reflux will happen when you are lying down - particularly if lying on your right side.
  • Posted

Wish I knew ... doctors are not being helpful. I think it is due to my acid reflux because I only hearing the popping sound when I am sleeping. I never had this happen before in my life and it started a year ago. Wish it would stop

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.