Acid reflux effecting other organs

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wondered if anyone had reflux effecting their lower back or sides of stomoch and causing pulpatations there ? And any other places 

Iv had it on my chest with horrible chest pain for months and now that's pretty much gone and it's gone further down . 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi James,

I’ve also got lots of other areas in my body that are causing me alarm. I didn’t realise that gastric reflux caused these until I went to my GP last week with burning pains from the top right down to the bottom of my back. She described it as referred pain and changed my Omeprazole from 20 mgs daily to Pantoprazole 40 mgs daily and I think it’s improved it a bit. 

I also get chest pains and palpitations but I had ECG’s done which were all completely normal.

I’ve been getting burning pains in my sides as well but these have subsided.

Although, we share all these symptoms on our forum here and give each other some reassurance I don’t really get any such reassurance from my GP. Do you? It would be so great if we all knew that this was “par for the course” and we knew what to expect. It’s all a bit of a mystery isn’t it! 

I’m eating everything at the moment but  the only time this year that I felt completely symptom free was when I went on a practically vegan, fat free, caffeine free diet. 

Lots of people advise apple cider vinegar which seems like absolute madness to me. Let’s face it does drinking vinegar sound sensible?? I’m sorry to all those people who swear by it. 

Let’s face it, the information given on the internet about reflux “doesn’t give the half of it” which is why we’re all having to discuss our symptoms on this forum in an effort to reassure ourselves and each other. It’s highly unsatisfactory with lots of guess work involved. I’m sure this is why I’m so blooming anxious thinking that there’s something sinister going on inside me. Does this rings any bells with anyone else? 

Does anyone know of any official literature or pamphlets about gastric reflux rather than using google. 

My partner is convinced that going on this forum is counter productive but he’s completely healthy without any health concerns so he just doesn’t understand...................

Gastric reflux sucks!! 

• Posted

Jane acid reflux can be not enough acid or too much acid 

as mad as that sounds - it's said to be true 

iv tried apple vinegar and I think it works . Helps . 

Im going to try get a ph tester and see if I can work out what my acid levels are 

• Posted

I believe that acid can create chest and back pain. Best thing go to the doctor as chest pain can be many things. Best wishes and keep well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.