Acid reflux gallbladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, im looking to see if there is anyone out there whom has experienced similar symptoms as myself.

Several weeks ago i started experiencing severe anxiety which im not new to. ive dealt with it on and off for 20 years.. ive been diagnosed with GERD over 2 years ago. i take oemeprozole 20mg as needed which has always done wonders for me.

During my extreme anxiety i noticed my acid reflux symptoms were seriously flaring up, and my medication was not helping me. i saw my pcp to get on anxiety meds and we both figured once my anxiety was under control my acid reflux would subsude.. well my anxiety is well controlled now but i still have constant acid reflux.

i ended up calling my gastro doctor because i was so miserable with this constant acid reflux discomfort. she told me its likely my anxiety that stirred things up, plus i had bronchitis weeks prior to this happening and she said it was a combination of the antibiotics, steroids and anxiety that made my system out of whack. she told me to double up on my gerd meds and eat a bland diet for two weeks. it has been 4 weeks since that appt. and i have no change. i called the gastro office this past monday in tears saying how awful i felt, the nurse asked if i had mu gallbladder checked, i said no, she said my symptoms could be coming from that. i get a slight achy feeling between my shoulder blades but from what i heard gallbladder pain is intense. im getting an ultrasound done this weekend but im confused is to whether or not this is my gallbladder. Has anyone had any similar problems that they were able to diagnose and fix?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee:. i had my gallbladder removed feb of 2017. i had bad acid reflux before and real bad pains in my upper abdomen and i was really gassy and had the poops when ever i had something greasy or acidy. i had real bad gallstones. When it does act up usually have a warm cup of tea or a glass of water to calm it down. and for the acid reflux try a cup of peppermint tea. that helped me. just be careful and yes get your gallbladder checked. That could be the problem. take care

• Posted

peppermint tea do work for acid reflux thats all i drink so you are right

• Posted

this sounds about right that its your gallbladder acting up, i have bad acid reflux and it all started when i had gallbladder problem its so bad i cant catch my breath so then i started getting bad anxiety which made things worst, my acid reflux is so bad that it makes my ears itchy, throat hurts most times i dont know if its acid reflux or anxiety so i would just lay down amd wait it out but i notice my reflux as been getting better sometimes and then it will act up again so now am trying to control stress and lose weight but its a nightmare i have tried meds but they dont work but back to the gallbladder, the pain doesnt have to be extreme, chest pain,burning in the middle of your chest,right side pain, pain in shoulder and back pain, constipation or loose stool and this is a few symptoms i had plus more but even after removal i still experience some of these if i eat very bad and yes your gallbladder can make your anxiety act up especially if your not absorbing vitamins properly am still trying to figure it out its been only 6 months since removal and i now dealing with IBS which i feel like i was dealing with even before removal, your not alone am just trying to accept so i can manage my stress&anxiety but its hard

• Posted

im getting my ultrasound on sunday so i guess i will find out on tuesday if my gallbladder is the culprit. my acid reflux is my main symptom. its so bad and its constant no matter what i eat. i cant believe my gerd medication isnt helping it at all either. i figured even if it is my gallbladder that the medication would still help my acid reflux. i get intense pressure in my chest and it too makes me feel like i cant breath. i even wheeze. i also have asthma and gerd and asthma go hand in hand. my throat and eaophagus is almost always sore. it just makes you feel so unwell. ive been dealing with this for 2 months and i just want to find some answers so i can get well again. im not going to lie, im def a bit worried to what is going on with me. if it is my gallbladder i will likely have it removed which scares me because ive never had surgery before, but i cant live like this anymore. im so miserable.

• Posted

dont worry about surgery too much if its the gallbladder giving issues you will be fine, i was scared of surgery but i got through it but my acid reflux problems was constant before gallbladder removal. i know what you mean about been scared about not feeling too well thats how i am, i got so scared to the point where i went into deep depression, severe anxiety and panic attack all because i didnt know whats wrong with me blood work came back negative except my liver results and then my ultrasounds showed my gallbladder was full with stones after awhile i was not digesting nothing or was i keeping anything down, i was always feeling very ill and no matter how much dr visits i had they still cant tell me whats wrong so they blame anxiety and depression which was making my symptoms worst oh and my acid reflux there is times where i feel like am gonna die because i cant breath properly, i even get alot of brain fog too now i develop health anxiety all because i got so obsess over researching everything and those acid reflux meds didnt work for all they did was give me panic attacks,heart racing and stomach pain am just happy am not alone with this issues because i really though i was going crazy these issues will make you so unhappy i swear

• Posted

Did acid reflux meds help you at all prior to having your gallbladder out? You mention you still get acid reflux, but did it get better after surgery? ive never had such issues with my acid reflux being on medication that i do now.

i too suffer from health anxiety, general anxiety and panic attacks, however, those things are not new to me. ive been struggling with it since i was a young teen. do you take medication for your anxiety? i recently started zoloft and it has helped quite a bit.

• Posted

hey months passed i noticed my acid reflux has gotten better but i feel like its mostly because i lost weight and i avoid triggers but am guessing everyone reacts different because i have spoken to other people who as taken acid reflux meds and had those reaction but maybe it trigger a panic attack on me or am sensitive to them cause am not use to taking meds that can also be a reason and no am not on any anxiety meds tried them in the pasts and had a negative reaction so am only doing CBT which as been helping, but my dr told me it may take up to 1yr to fully heal from a gallbladder surgery and those other symptoms you are talking about sounds like you are having gallbldder issues especially feeling weak all the time, tired or just unwell thats what i was experiencing alot it only got better 3 months. i feel like your acid reflux will get once its your gallbladder and you get it out avoid triggers especially fatty food

• Posted

well i appreciate your input.. i just want this reflux gone, it has taken a toll on my life i cant stand it anymore.. i will find out tuesday whether or not if it is my gallbladder.. if not i think im going to request another endoscopy since its been over 2 years since i had one. in a way i want it to be my gallbladder so i find a cause, but in a way i dont want it to be my gallbladder. im just so done feeling like this all the time. Done!

• Posted

i understand what you mean about not like feeling this way and i only mention these things because this is what has help me in the mean time until you can figure out why you feel the way you feel, the only downfall about not having a gallbladder is you have to limit your fat or else the bathroom will be your bestfriend and even IBS but not everyone experience these issues. i hope you find out whats wrong and please keep me posted

• Posted

yes i will def keep you posted. i read that bile reflux can cause the same symptoms as acid reflux, and acid reflux meds wont work if it is bile. i wonder if its my gallbladder if what im experiencing is bile reflux since it produces bile, but not exactly sure if that even happens. its so frustrating i feel like even if i stopped eating and only lived on water that id still be having these problems. diet changes dont always fix the issues.

• Posted

i also feel generally unwell, like weak and fatiged. can that contribute to gallbladder issues?

• Posted

hello, see your message is a few months old but im wondering if you've had any answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.