ACID REFLUX/GERD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello can someone please tell me difference between Acid reflux and GERD is there any difference please thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Acid reflux is the backward flow of stomach acid into the esophagus — the tube that connects the throat and stomach. Acid reflux is more specifically known as gastroesophageal reflux. During an episode of acid reflux, you may taste regurgitated food or sour liquid at the back of your mouth or feel a burning sensation in your chest (heartburn).

Sometimes acid reflux progresses to GERD, a more severe form of reflux. The most common symptom of GERD is frequent heartburn. Other signs and symptoms may include regurgitation of food or sour liquid, difficulty swallowing, coughing, wheezing, and chest pain — especially while lying down at night.

• Posted

thank you Pippa please can you read about this supplement DGL  can it cure it please because i have taken several medication not working

thanks

• Posted

DGL may be an effective acid reflux treatment. The suggested dose of DGL is two tablets, chewed about 20 minutes before meals, three times a day, or it can be taken shortly before bedtime if you suffer mostly from nighttime acid reflux.

I have read however, there isn’t enough scientific evidence to prove that it will definitely cure it, but it is worth a try.

• Posted

thank you for this but also someone  advised to take with mastic gum is that advisable please am just of taking medications no luck with them yet 
    • Posted

thank you for this but also someone  advised to take with mastic gum is that advisable please am just tired of taking medications no luck with them yet so thinking of these supplements
    • Posted

I have heard that both mastic gum and DGL can help acid reflux, but I can’t find anything about taking these remedies together.

• Posted

because i have tried mastic gum for one month no luck yet so thinking of trying the DGL again with probiotic or DGL only how about that please?
    • Posted

I would give all of these things a try and if they don’t work try a an over the counter antacid or milk.  Antacids and milk help me but I have to take them regularly to control my reflux because it is chronic.  In the end, you should see a doctor to see if there is an underlying cause for your reflux.
    • Posted

thanks so much i went to the doctor today i was giving Lanzor 30mg do you find that advisable with the DGL or i should stick with the Lanzor 30mg only 
    • Posted

he said i should try it alone  and see if it will work he is not even sure but i dont know if they are working the same or it might be over dose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.