Acid Reflux/GERD causing breathing difficulties . Please help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the past 2 months I have had trouble breathing and had acid reflux like symptoms. The breathless feeling is 24/7 and makes me terribly anxious, but every time i go to hospital or the doctors my breathing is fine and my O2 level is excellent. Lungs are also fine, was checked for blood clots and doctor said they can hear the air hitting the very bottom of my lungs. It also gets much worse on a night and makes it difficult for me to sleep. Other symptoms include heartburn,regurgitation and constant burping. Sometimes it even feels like my diaphragm is having spasms and like I can’t burp at all. I have been on PPIs on and off since this started and have switched between a few different ones, but they don’t offer any relief. Also tried Peptac which makes me feel like mucous builds up very fast but does help for initial heartburn. I have been booked in for an endoscopy sometime soon due to rapid weight loss and not being able to eat due to the breathless feeling, and feeling like cement forms in my chest after eating. I’m at my wits end with this and I honestly have run out of things to try, my GP is pretty useless and I have been told in A&E there is nothing they can do. Please does anyone have a similar problem?!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.