Acid Reflux/Gerd/Globus

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered from acid reflux for the past 2 years and generally I manage to control this with PPi,s and fairly careful diet. The past week or so has been extra bad with sour taste, very hot/sore throat and generally feeling off. I know to expect set backs but just wondered if anyone had any advice as to how to help with this by way of any particular drink etc. just so I can hopefully feel a little better until it subsides again.

Thanks

Robin

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

First of all , the Ppi’s don’t solve your problems . They turn off your stomach acid , which is really bad , because your stomach is supposed to have acid to digest your food . The acid also protects you from all kinds of bad bacteria and parasites , those can now move unchecked into your small intestines and wreak all kinds of havoc . There are all kinds of natural ways to deal with this.

i have been dealing with reflux for years , finally got off PPI’s , switched to natural remedies they mention , and finally I went on the Ketogenic diet . It’s not completely gone yet , it takes time , I still take an occasional Gaviscon , but it’s improving all the time . 

• Posted

hi rainbowsend

you are very lucky. how did you got off from ppi ? its been 5 months i am trying but still no success

• Posted

I gradually reduced the dosage and replaced with Zantac , then I started replacing Zantac with acid neutralizers , which I still need on occasion . It can take months before you have yourself weaned off Ppi’s . It’s exactly what big Pharma wants , they want you good and dependant on their stuff . But you can do it !

• Posted

i did the same gradually reduced my ppi for 2months then switched to zantac . but i have to take 3x150mg zantac to get any sorts of relief. its been more than 3months now i am taking the zantac and i still have to reduce my zantac from 3x150mg to 2x150mg. i tried couple of time but my stomach got worse. also i am having pain in my whole body now . don't know how long i can take just trying to pull it . by the way how long you are on PPI?

• Posted

I was lucky , I noticed after only 6 months how bad the PPI’s were for me and got myself off before I was too dependent . I now take digestive enzymes with every meal and some apple cider vinegar before I eat . I also drink kefir , which is a very powerful probiotic . Just don’t buy the crappy flavoured stuff in the store , it’s pure sugar . Buy the plain stuff in the organic food section , or better yet , make it yourself like me , it’s really easy .
    • Posted

good for , i was on them for 3years . i am totally dependent on them its very hard now to come off . imagine i can't even come down to 2x150 zantac from 3 . horrible pain , too much hcl . i never had heartburn though , just stomach burns like hell and the hyperacidity its taking my life . these drugs are designed to kill people gradually. i lost 3 years of my life visiting doctors one after another . loosing money in loads of tests 😓 . now i just pray to god to help me

• Posted

I bet you don’t have too much hcl , you have none , that’s the problem . The little bit you used to have got wiped out by the PPI’s , and now your stomach is running on empty . No wonder you never had heartburn , there was no acid to burn you . You have to try to get your stomach to work properly again , which means restoring its natural acidity . Get yourself digestive enzymes , apple cider vinegar ( organic only ) and digestive bitters from the health food store . 15 minutes before a meal mix a cocktail of 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of digestive bitters , if it’s too strong for you dilute with a little water . Put it in your mouth and hold it there for a few seconds . The acidity and bitterness signals to your stomach that food is on the way and to make acid . Take the enzymes with the first bites of your meal . Also take a good probiotic daily . If you want to go one step further , take Betaine hcl , which is actually stomach acid in pill form . Just be careful with that , you have to start with a low dose and work your way up . It’s all a slow process , but worth it . If you have a hard time believing the low stomach acid thing , listen to some of the doctors on YouTube , just search for “acid reflux “ .

Good luck , it’s going to be tough , but can absolutely be done . 

• Posted

Have you tried Carafate?  It is extremely expensive but when I have an attack, it works wonders for me.
  • Posted

the very ppi you r using to treat your problem is actually creating all those problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.