Acid Reflux - Hot weather

Posted , 3 users are following.

Its been quite hot down here in the South East today ( UK ) and I seem to have had a bad day with acid. All day I have had a metalic taste in my mouth a pain in my shoulder and an acid smell in my nose so I am wondering whether anyone else experiences the same in hot weather.

To make it even worse I have felt very tired all day as well.

All comments would be appreciated.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you are taking any calcium supplements or ant-acids such as Tums, Gaviscon, calcium carbonate then stop them immediately and drink a can one zero coke a day until it clears up. (The phosphoric acid in the coke helps the stomach to rebalance it's acid levels)
    • Posted

If Steves method doesnt work Ted you could try the supplement Alpha Lipoic Acid. Seems to get rid of burning in the mouth and metallic tastes. Must be OK as the Mayo clinic seem to reccomend it. Been taking it for almost two years with zero problems
    • Posted

Thanks Rex I have made a note about your suggestion and I will try it if Steve's suggestion doesn't work out. Ted
  • Posted

Also observed that during summer when weather is 34 degrees above, the

acidity is up plus a warm mouth but no metallic taste. The

warm weather started two wks ago 

• Posted

Try to check your acid level first
    • Posted

Mary sorry to read you are also suffering. Its funny you should mention checking my acid levels because yesterday I ordered son pH test strips. Purely because I want to use them and record my acid levels to show my doctor as like many others on here my doctor seems blaise about my illness.There are of cause worse things to suffer from but this acid reflux is proving to be a real pain Ted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.