Acid reflux? I found an easy solution.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered from AR for years and ended up in real trouble through taking a PPI for 8 years. Now my stomach doesn't produce enough stomach acid to digest protein properly and my kidneys are suffering. When you don't have enough stomach acid, it spits up onto the esophagus when your stomach is empty still causing you that awful discomfort of heartburn. The stomach starts emptying about 2 hours after eating and I have found that by eating small meals every 2 hours, I no longer have any acid reflux or heartburn. This would work whether you have plenty of stomach acid or not enough. It's always better to find a natural solution if you can, rather than having to take a PPI.

Cheers

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you stopped taking them now 
    • Posted

Yes, I stopped taking them a few years ago and could never take them now because they would actually make my condition even worse. Eating every 2 hours blocks the acid from getting to your esophagus. Another solution is to drink ginger ale, but I have other problems and ginger ale wasn't a choice for me.

• Posted

Isn't Ginger Ale bad since it's a carbonated soft drink? 

But here's a helpful tip: I've heard that many people with GERD symptoms feel MUCH better after taking a walk after dinner. Also if you do breathing exercises and improve your breathing, that seems to help minimize symptoms a lot. 

My biggest problem is eating 5-6 small meals per day instead of 3. I'm so in the habit of eating 3 because it's what I've done my whole life. I wish I had a shedule to accomodate 5-6 small meals. More so, I need the motivation to transition into that lifestyle :P 

Also, exercise helps take away symptoms. Just don't do weight training. From expereince, weight-lifting gives me reflux-like symptoms. Opt for other types of exercise. 

• Posted

Hi Asheepman ... The ginger stops stomach acid from rising up to the esophagus. This is a tip given to my sister by a registered nurse. It beats taking a PPI which in the end does more harm than good.I am speaking from experience.

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.