Acid reflux / ibs or ......

Posted , 4 users are following.

As fast as I think I have a name for my illness it then changes

I even don’t know what to tell the doctor any more and I’m desperately trying to again fix what I might have

It’s been about a year and it started with feeling faint and numb hands etc and that came and went but seemed to turn into acid reflux classic symptoms

My chest was hurting daily for 5 months and had many physical examinations plus an x day which were all clear so I then realised it was probably all caused by acid reflux

The doctor gave me ppi and said if it was reflux it should go within a few weeks

I started on the ppi and it did seem to clear my chest and throat and dizziness but then it’s like my whole illness went further down

I started getting constipated or diareah which was very watery at times and sometimes even blood which of course is very worrying

I seemed to be creating allot of bile acid which is horrible

The doctor said I could of had a bad reaction to the ppi so after just six days I stoped and it’s now been five weeks since I stopped but I have still issues and pains

The bile has reduced but still some watery stools

I have pain right in centre of abdomen and to the right side and sometimes lower back

Iv got allot of pulpatations and spasms in rear centre right of back

Again I get light headed - some rashes etc etc

iv had blood tests and blood count and stool sample

all clear but all were pre this change

I’m not sure if all of this change is just because of ppi and am sure they should have left my system weeks ago

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi james_47376

When you say you have had blood tests what were they testing for were you tested for vit B12 deficiency and vit D deficiency?... low levels of these vits can cause gastro problems..also what is your lifestyle like?

• Posted

i had blood test and then a blood count

i think a blood count is fairly comprahensive and covers things like vit d levels

im not a drinker and i eat well and especially since take pro biotics and alovera juice daily

• Posted

Hi james_47376

If just a full blood count vits and minerals will not be tested. Your doctor will have to specifically request the laboratory to carry out the vit B12 and vitD blood tests....

• Posted

See your doctor.

• Posted

pippa i have seen doctor and still not any further

the way you say it means you presuming something bad

maybe better not say that on posts unless facts present

• Posted

I can't diagnose you so that is why I am advising you to keep seeing your doctor until you get a diagnosis. This is the sensible thing to do. I am not implying anything sinister is going on. It is quite wrong of you to suggest that I am assuming the worst for you.I would give the same advice to anyone on this site so that they get the correct answers.

• Posted

Hi james_47376

On reading your initial post you have mentioned 4 symptoms that are related to Vit B12 deficiency. They are numb hands, rashes, dizziness and palpitations. Also, all the stomach issues diahorrea etc., are symptoms of Vit D deficiency If you really want to get an answer get B12 and Vit D tested.....

• Posted

I had to get specific vitamin D Test. & I was found to have extremely low vitamin D I had to take 50,000 unit D by prescription weekly and huge doses of vitamin D from the store daily. & you cannot get enough D just being in the sun which a lot of people think. Nor from drinking a ton of milk.I mistakenly thought that, after so many told me oh just get more sun, drink more milk.

No the DR informed me the body needs a sufficient amount to even synthesize the sun or milk.

And yes it messes with digestion if you are insufficient. All the probiotics etc are not going to fit it. probiotics pretty much help your gut when you might eat that don't agree with your body. and lots of watery stools can deplete you of lots of stuff including water & get you dehydrated which can cause dizziness. Not to mention nausea. Dehydration can cause so many symptoms and even if you think you are getting plenty of water you might not be. i know for me if i have to go anyplace i tend to nit drink enough because I Will think i might have a potty accident.

get your other vitamin levels checked it can be as simple as you needing ti take a daily D vitamin. But the Dr will have to do those specific tests. just look up the info & see if it seems likely.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.