Acid reflux, inflammed stomach and estophagus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have had chronic pancreatitis for almost 3 years. Recently I had an endoscopy from my GI doctor because I'm always nauseous. He took a biopsy because he saw something on the lining of my estophagus. The endoscopy showed an extremely inflammed stomach and estophagus.

The biopsy showed cells that usually stay in your lower intestines in my estophagus, which if I understood him correctly could at sometime be cancerous due to the acid build up from my pancreas not working properly. I've done a lot of research and I guess I understand. I was just wondering if any one else suffers from severe acid reflux. Thank you for reading and take care.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered from GERD for about 20 years. I had been on Prilosec that long too. I ate anything I wanted because the Prilosec did a good job of stopping the reflux. Now last November I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis. I at first blamed the Prilosec for the CP, but who knows. I have now completely changed my diet and I don't get reflux much at all and I was able to get off of Prilosec. I wish I would have changed my diet 20 years ago but I didn't take my reflux disease seriously I guess. But you can't go back in time for a redo. You should really look at what you're eating. My doctors always told me this is what usually causes heartburn: alcohol, coffee, chocolate, citrus fruits and basic overeating. Hope this helps you.
  • Posted

The best cure for acid reflux is a good colon cleanse (preferebly enemas) and than get on probiotics afterwards.

All doctors do is prescribe antacids like nexium or prevacid, but all that does is make the condition worst because your ihibiting the acid output wich inturn leaves somewhat undigested food in your bowels wich in turn makes your liver create more bile and spews it even when your not eating in return causing you acid damage to your stomach and esophagus. And if you dont heal it, in time it could turn into barrets esophagus or cancer.

Do the right thing, cleanse youre colon take probotics and ditch the antacids.

God bless and good luck

• Posted

Good advice! Wish I would have known this 20 years ago. Instead I took Prilosec all those years. Bad mistake!
    • Posted

Ty for your advice I will definitely do that, it even makes sense.

My GI dr told me from all the acid there are cells in my estophagus that could cause cancer but I do not have any signs of cancer. Have you ever heard of this. I have been so worried about my pancreas now I have to worry about my estophagus.

• Posted

I believe your doctor is referring to a condition known as Barretts Oesophagus.

This is a possible pre cancerous condition, but other conditions also show up like this.

There are tests, but none give a definitive answer.

• Posted

Ok Ty for your advice I did find some info online about what he told me and it says exactly the same. Hope your feeling well n thank u again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.