Acid reflux or bile reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can any one recommend anything to help with acid reflux or bile reflux? I've tried gaviscon and others but not much success.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wolfie

Have you discussed the problem with your GP if not make an appointment and your GP will arrange some treatment to ease your complaint. They may be able to advise a change of diet

BOB

• Posted

Hi

I've been to the doctors and they put me on tablets for acid reflux but they havnt really made a difference

• Posted

Ask your doctor for a PPI but in the meantime try milk and avoid rich, greasy and spicy food.  Avoid eating late at night.
  • Posted

What meds are you on? I take lansoprzole. I've been on them for nearly 2 years but don't seem to be working anymore.

• Posted

I'm not on any at the moment. I've tried the usual ones but to no avail

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. It's not nice. Do you sleep proped up? I do which helps a little but its not comfortable. I read there is a test to see how much acid you have in your stomach. Think I'm going to ask my GP about that. I get silent reflux too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.