Acid reflux or Cancer???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

i have been suffering from throat pain and hoarsevoice from May 2019...went to several ent done Endoscopy twice and found H.phyroli? took medicine but now i am having chest burning pain everyday, tender chest, shoulder blades, stomach ....my ears are clogged for 6 months...i am suspecting sometimes major as my upper body in full of tender pain.. Swallowing issue and pain..

any suggestions or similar experience?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Patrik

I'm same as you, so scared.have had reflux 5 years on various pips. had scope last April showing inflamation. past few weeks I've had extremely sore and painful stomach and back, having another scope in 2 weeks. when was you last scope? if it was recently then anything bad would have shown up. like you all my upper body is painful and a lot if time I don't want to eat as I get too sore. cud you get another scope just to try put your mind at ease, I know the worry is torture. are you on any ppi?

• Posted

Hey Kate,

i did endoscopy in November 2019 and reveled H.phyroli..No inflammation. I am not scared as i am living everyday as my last day. Anxiety increases chances of reflux. Age is a matter above when you are above 60 its usually normal as LES weaken over the period. i am 32 years old, married last year and have a beautiful wife. my prognosis is pretty bad initially throat pain then hoarse voice then swallowing issue then heart and stomach burn and pain and clogges ear. PPI is harmful so i avoid any medicine.. I have tried lifting bed, diet, no dinner and keto food which help a bit.

Yougard will help for sure.. after eating wait 4 hours to sleep..less food..Apple cider will help..

i am suspecting H.phyroli is still a issue and will consult a gastroenterologist soon.

• Posted

It sounds to me like acid reflux. It can affect everything from chest and back pain to ear pain. Have you had treatment for hpylori? PPIs are not harmful, particularly if you just take them for a short time. I have taken them for years and I only have minor side effects like bruxism and a bit of IBS. If I don't take my PPI tablets I also get the symptoms you are having. Have you tried gavisc0n double action? It can really help with heartburn. Also have you heard of a low acid diet? If not look it up and try it to see if it can help. When you eat, do it slowly really chew your food a lot because it helps neutralise the acid. Also try chewing gum but not peppermint flavour as that has links with reflux. Don't eat until you are full and eat small meals but have 4 meals a day rather than 3. So you never feel hungry but never feel full. Foods/drinks to avoid: chocolate, caffeine, citrus fruits/juices, spicy foods, fatty foods, alcohol and sugary foods. If you try all this and your symptoms don't improve at all, then maybe you could have a food intolerance or allergy and there are tests for that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.