Acid reflux or hiatal hernia ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been on and off omoprazole for years for acid reflux ,  i had been eating anything i wanted no problems, about a month ago it was back , acid reflux horrendus changed my diet no good doc gave me ranitidine aswell as omop im still getting reflux no matter what i eat , i drink cold water in the morning i can feel it going down the middle and to the left of my chest ?? I eat then  2 to 3 hours later reflux slight pain in centre of chest like a ball . Pains in chest when i burp it clears and lots of burping 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've often heard the 2 can go hand in hand - many ppl with acid refux may also have a small hiatal hernia. I believe I may have both. Perhaps you do, too.

• Posted

Firstly i would advise you to drink WARM water first in the morning with a tablespoon of Acv. Instead of all the meds your dr is providing you with try sipping bakong soda with warm water whenever you get heartburn. The proton inhibitors has ruined your stomach. On too long. Change your diet. Look for mediterean diet.
  • Posted

I have a lot of your same symptoms plus a list of others lol.  I was just diagnosed via endoscopy with gastritis and GERD after biopsy results came back. It sucks but I found my burping is better if I drink warm green tea first thing in the morning. Also I’ve cleaned up my diet a bit and that seems to be helping too. I try to stay away from spicy stuff and greasy food. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.