Acid reflux or other issue? Feeling in throat after I eat/drink

Edited , 4 users are following.

I've had a problem for over a month where after I eat a big meal, drink caffeine, drink alcohol, or for seemingly no reason I can feel what I consumed coming back up in my throat. Sometimes I vomit bile or will vomit what I recently put into my body, other times I feel like I need to vomit until I burp a few times over a span of maybe 45 minutes and then I feel better. I think TUMs usually helps this situation, but it's been happening for a while and I was wondering if it's serious or what I can do to prevent this. I've taken acid reflux over the counter medication, but it says to use for 2 weeks and then not again for around 6 months. It doesn't seem to have solved the problem because I still get the uncomfortable feeling of something coming up into my throat. I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if I'm putting this post in the right spot, but any feedback would be great. Thanks!

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up