Acid reflux problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm Ariel and I'm 16. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and has been to the ER 5 times. My last visit was Wednesday my chest was hurting, my stomach was hurting and I was so nauseous. Now I have a test Im doing next week and and an Endoscopy the following werk. However I have this lump in my throat that feels like it's closing up my throat to where I feel like Im breathing out of a tube. Plus it's making me extra nervous. Also if I drink liquids I'll get nauseous. And my nausea medication doesn't seem to work and I can't stand the smell of food I'll get so nauseous. I've lost 20 lbs or more because of this, I can barely lean back on my elevated pillows I'm so nauseous. Someone please help me!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ariel

You poor girl I do hope you get some kind of relief asap. I have a hiatus hernia which gives me unbelievable heartburn, at least it did until I started my meds. I never had anything like what you are experiencing though so I unfortunately am unable to offer you any useful advice, I just wanted to wish you well and hope you get some answers soon

• Posted

Hello Ariel, I feel for you being so young and having this ill health. If you can't, eat or drink don't let yourself get dehydrated and malnourised  If you end up at the hospital again before your tests impress on them how much this is affecting you. You could need and intravenous drip for a bit to stabilise your food, fluid intake. Hope the tests are conclusive for you adn they can get you onto a treatment regime.

• Posted

They gave me fluids and teo kinds of medicines I can't remember the names though. However do you know any food tips on how I can consume some? My mom tried feeding me grits or saltines but even if I bite a nibble I get really nauseous and almost feel like I wanna throw up. My mom keeps pushing me but I can barely withstand the smell, how am I going to start eating??

• Posted

You are having a tough time not even being able to think about eating. Are the doctors aware of this? Masyeb speak to your local pharmacy and ask their advice - as you don't seem to be able to stomach anything maybe some Gastrolyte and eat what you can manage until you get over this rough patch and have your test. Maybe boiled or scrambled eggs, clear broth. If you do manage anything maybe some antacids after eating. But my strong recommendation is to keep in touch with your medicos.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.