Acid reflux/sinuses? Or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has had any of these strange symptoms that I have been having and if you can say whether they are related to acid reflux or sinuses or something else? Recently I have been having mild ear ringing that comes and goes along with upper back pain at night. The worst thing I have been experiencing is hard to explain. Its like a rush that goes from my chest through my head and makes my tongue and side of my head feel almost numb but more of a pins and needles feeling that passes very quickly but for an instant it is scary. It also makes me very warm for a few minutes much like a hot flash. I dont know what it could be from but i have been taking zantac 150 twice a day for over a year after being diagnosed with gerd and i know gerd has many strange symptoms at times.

It makes me nervous and i appreciate any responses. Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, the pins and needles could possibly be the Ranitadine so research side effects of it.  I have problems with earache/ sinusitis/sore throat etc which my gp says is connected to reflux. I had side effects from ppi's and at moment trying again with Ranitadine(zantac) but as low a dose as possible as sure they give me sudden tiredness. I also seem to be getting pins and needles feeling in hands since taking them.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.