Acid reflux so they say

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just a quick  one  bin back to docs they say it's all good which is great, but still feel the same  phlem stuck on the right side of mt throat,  

the other day had to go the hospital as I was coughing up blood get there told me there is no ent on call will have to go the gap and make an appointment, good job it wasn't going tho bleed to death, 

but they say it's still reflux, does that sound right  

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it is normal to cough up blood would go back to see doctor
    • Posted

Hi have bin keep fobbing me off  telling me it's acid reflux  so am going private to see ent on Friday 
    • Posted

I have that horrible phlegm in my throat also. Maybe u have an ulcer. I would go to the gastroenterologist. Have u done an endoscopy
  • Posted

I am experiencing the same thing except no blood. My acid reflux RX had to be increased to taking 2x a day.

I also changed my diet to complete acid free food items and I take apple cider vinegar with water. ( read about this on Google), it is great for acid reflux and many other things in our bodies.

I pretty much had to figure out what was causing these problems on my own, due to doctors lack of concern and knowledge. It has been a very slow process in helping me, but I am on the right path now.

• Posted

Hi jane,

am taking all kinds of tablets not to any good, I get chest pain throat pain and a pain just below my rib  cage.  Dizzy sick, but they still say am ok, I have had 18 months of hell

• Posted

I hate the phlegm it drives me mad too! Herbal teas seem to help break it down, luquorice or pukka night time are really good. I always chew fruit gum too which helps x I'm sure anxiety makes it worse though x also using a decongestant which helps too. Avoid fatty food and ant ly fruit juices or acidic food and drink. Melon is ok as is banana x x but try not to worry if you've been checked out. I'm waiting for ENT appt for throat scope xx
    • Posted

Thanks

it drive me insane hade the scope about 8 weeks ago all to nothing make me think am I imagining it

• Posted

No you're not but anxiety makes our bodies hyper sensitive so we are much more aware of mial things happening x try and avoid dairy and any fatty food and coffee or alcohol and drink lots of water x eat fish, chicken and lots of veg but avoid fruit apart from bananas and melon and take
    • Posted

And look into rhinitis as a nasal spray may help x I am considering mucinex to thin mucus x
    • Posted

Do any of you have mucus in your throat right after you eat. Happens to me as soon as I eat
    • Posted

Before you try all these mucin ex, etc,

Read about the side effects. I used mucinex for months, did nothing. I read everything. It can actually make the mucus. I stopped everything.

Antihistamines are also bad for acid Reflux. Go acid free diet and apple cider vinegar

• Posted

I use apple cider vinegar. The dr. Told me to take it first thing in the morning mixed with olive oil. He said in a warm glass of water or it won't work
    • Posted

If you use olive oil with the apple cider vinegar, you are defecting the purpose. Original olive oil is high in fat. Extra virgin olive oil is lower in fat. I know most doctors tell us a lot of things that are incorrect. I just giggled info on olive oil. Before you trust your doctor, read about the items first. Of course this is my opinion. Just my 2 cents.
    • Posted

Thank you Jane. I haven't used the olive oil yet. I just use the vinegar. My ent Dr. Said I shouldn't use the vinegar because it burns the throat on the way to the esophagus, but she understood y he said to use the vinegar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.