Acid Reflux & Stomach Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

My daughter has been diagnosed with really bad acid reflux and oesophagitis.

Does anyone experience constant stomach pains & vomiting as a result of this.

She never mentions a burning sensation or an acid feeling just stomach pains - often so sharp they double her up ? Is this normal with acid reflux etc ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I have suffered for many years with gerd and I am currently looking onto surgery. I suffer from

Terrible pain each day especially after

Eating. Eating smaller meals may help and avoiding certain foods, fried and gassy drink

Are best avoided as this will increase the

Acid. Has your daughter been given

Medication to help with the acid reflux.

I hope this helps

• Posted

Yes she has been given medication for 30 days - if there is no improvement they are fitting a Bravo clip to check ph levels again - next step would be an operation ??

We cannot connect any particular foods or pattern to the stomach pains which does seem odd. She can have the stomach pains and vomiting for weeks - then will pick up and feel okay for a few weeks before it all starts again - which does seem odd ?

• Posted

Been suffering just recently with very sharp stomach pains, so yes it can be a problem with acid reflux. I take an additional PPI, rest by lying straight, and it goes off after a while

I never get a burning sensation or acid feeling but I have been diagnosed with reflux and take a high dose PPI to control it. Symptoms do vary with this condition

• Posted

I get these symptoms through lactose intolerance, have you considered this? Try no dairy or products containing milk or whey or lactose for a few days x the PPI should help block acid xx
  • Posted

She was dairy & wheat free for a long time ..... But eventually we decided it wasn't making a lot of difference so reintroduced. Medication seems to be helping (only been 4 days) but early days.

Thanks for all the comments.

• Posted

Hi, has she ever been checked for Coeliac Disease? You are describing classic symptoms. The vomiting is alsoon the list for children but is rare. 
  • Posted

We cannot connect any particular foods or pattern to the stomach pains which does seem odd. She can have the stomach pains and vomiting for weeks - then will pick up and feel okay for a few weeks before it all starts again - which does seem odd ?classic pattern to Coeliac Disease behavior bc it's autoimmune. It's not the same animal as an allergy... Completely different and hard to pin down. It can lie dormant in the body for a season & then BAM! Sick again. Its triggered by gluten which is found in wheat, rye & barley and is contained in many processed foods, lip balms, toothpastes even medicines.

does she hv any gas problems or dis colored extr smelly stools?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.