acid reflux symptoms causing major anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have acid reflux which gives me horrible indigestion symptoms and i get very shaky and weak and it worsens by 100000 when im hungry. its so scary bc i have horrible anxiety onna daily basis and im so scared something is wrong. i get cold sweaty palms burning in stomach dizziness so much horrible symptoms. im 18 btw

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried indigestion tablets? Milk? Mints?

I wouldn't worry to much about acid reflux/heartburn it may be GERD, intolerance etc but get it checked out if you dont feel comfortable...... Anxiety, health anxiety will do worse believe me. I have chest pains, stomach pains, lightheadeness, hot flushes every day because of it.

I myself am battling the anxiety side mine started from having 1 panic attack about 3 months ago and am now on 50mg sertraline/zoloft daily and diazepam 2mg as and when needed. Its not nice try to prevent it.

• Posted

i take zantac time to time. not really a difference only if i eat better. i also have been having hot flushes

• Posted

go to your GP and get tested for H-Pylori infection....it causes all these symptoms,and can increase Anxiety...I am talking from experience here, I had all these symptoms for nearly 12 months, you can get a Blood, Breath, or stool test done...treatment is with antibiotics and a stomach tablet...if your negative, then just take something for stomach acid...no harm in ruling it out...take care. x

• Posted

can food cause h pylori? i never have symptoms until i eat food that trigger acid reflux and it gets better usually after couple dyas of eating good

• Posted

No, food wont cause H-Pylori, but eating the right food would help the symptoms...of course, you might not have it...mayby you just have gastritis , or gerd, just stay away from food that upsets your stomach, and see how it goes....x

• Posted

I empathize, I also suffer from acid reflux and have stomach pains and burning in stomach on a regular basis. It is really scary and I get very shaky as well. I was diagnosed with H.pylori in September and took antibiotics and omeprazole for 1 week. I have been tested since and fortunately don't have it anymore but still have the pains, nausea and general ill feeling and still taking omeprazole.

I'm only 24 and really fed up of this. I tend to eat healthy and try not to let too much time pass between meals but I'm losing my appetite and will to live. Hope we feel better soon.

• Posted

I have bad acid reflex it gets so bad some time i feel like im having a heart attack and run to the ER they do ekg and its normal and blood test its normal .the tell its my anxiety and i having a bad heartburn . and send me home. Now im getting this awful pain under my left rib cage every time i eat something its really scaring me to apoint i dont want to eat anything😞 does anyone else here get the same pain as me and know what is and what to do about it. Please help thank you.

• Posted

can relate to the rib pain it gets unbearable sometimes. i get more anxiety type sypmtoms like weakness shakiness pain i do get not too often tho. dealing with a horrible headache all day this is alot to deal with right now i feel bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.