Acid Reflux Symptoms Driving Me Crazy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm looking for some advice, i'm a sufferer of acid reflux due to a sliding hernia. Ive been managing the symptoms for several years. Over that time i have been a bit slow to fully address the issue.

i gave up smoking once diagnosed with the sliding hernia, i gave up drinking alcohol a couple months ago and finally started taking reflux irritant foods seriously a month ago.

over the last few weeks i've started experiencing new symptoms that have me worried. for the last 3 weeks ive been hyper salivating and when i eat any food im generating phlegm. when im drifting off to sleep i find myself involuntarily swallowing, i think this might be the excess saliva.

im waking up feeling nauseous.

I occasionally have soreness or dull ache in my throat.

despite these symptoms im not having any issues with eating, neither am i having stomach or chest pain, ive had those symptoms before but since ive changed my diet these have passed.

my query has anyone suffered from hyper salivation or water brash and as anyone had the constant phlegm even when eating non acidic foods

this is starting to worry me, any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you should get a gastroscopy just to see if there is anything wrong.

• Posted

ive got an appointment on Wednesday and i will be pushing for an endoscopy, ive had one before but this was 4 years ago when the sliding hernia was diagnosed.

i just wanted to get some advice from anyone who has had similar symptoms

• Posted

I have the problem with phlegm after eating, It makes me want to cough and it is full of small bubbles! It happens in the Winter when I am prone to coughs anyway but the Doctor states it is a reflux problem. When I do get a cough it makes it twice as bad.

• Posted

thanks for replying, do you get the phlegm issue when your eating foods that are non acidic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.