Acid reflux too much or not enough acId

Posted , 3 users are following.

iv seen a few people question why vinegar is recommended for reflux . Iv just been reading an interesting post which might explain why ; 

Only about 1 in 10 people with acid problems actually do have too much stomach acid – the rest actually has insufficient stomach acids (hypochlorydia) or a different problem altogether such as a food intolerance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So we should all try to determine our food intolerance?
    • Posted

I guess it's important to know if youv too much or not enough acid and then you can adjust your diet accordingly . 

• Posted

This is very interesting. I always thought it is down to too much acid. How to determine this?
    • Posted

Despite me reading that I suggested that to my doctor who said she never heard of a case of too little acid ! 

Its a mine field of conflicting info ! 

Try the test below suggested 

• Posted

I've watched a video where a doctor suggested this as well. He said if drinking a bit of apple cider vinegar with water helps with your symptoms then you have too little acid and if drinking aloe vera helps then you have too much acid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.