acid reflux when will it go

Posted , 1 user is following.

ive suffered acid reflux since having my little girl in aug 08 somtimes feels like im having heart attack my neck hurts 2 n kind of swells up ,docs are always fobbing me off always feel breathless 2 bin given a inhaler 4 this as they think its astma i dnt i think its linked 2 acid reflux has any1 else had this?i dnt no wot 2 do 4 it anymore got no energy n 3 kids 2 look after why cant the docs do more or relise jus how bad this is :cry:

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you've got Gallstones, some women do get um during / after a pregnancy, see if you can get your Doctor to send you for a Ultrasound smile
  • Posted

I really feel for you, I keep asking the same question in my 60s and after 37 years the anwer is for some of us, possibly never. I have discovered that 'anything' can cause it, what we eat - or not, how much fat we are carrying - or not, what we drink, when we drink, do we tilt the bed or not when we sleep, do we sleep on our left side (this is supposed to help). My medication and dosage has been changed several times. My GP suggested taking my medication in two daily doses of 20m omneprozole instead of one 40m but by lunchtime I was in pain again, so I returned to taking 40m in the morning. I also take peptac suspension, however it is peppermint flavour and pepermint is supposed to exacerbate reflux, so will need to change it!! I also have developed IBS and had gall bladder removed 6 years ago, after speaking to others this appears to be a natural progression from acid reflux. Have you been diagnosed with a hernia and had an endoscopy?? Eating little and often seems to help and not eating and drinking after 6pm. Spicy food does not bother me provided I don't eat late. Alcohol makes it worse, as does chocolate, probably because I am a chocoholic and can't just eat one piece. Try changing your eating habits to little and often and not eating after 6, it may help,hope your condition improves.
  • Posted

i have had the camera down 2 have a look n nothing ,like you i love my chocolate +have found certern chocolate is ok ive changed my eating habbits alot cant eat much i used 2 love, i also have the prob with wieght loss .its sooo hard 2 live with this
  • Posted

i also had a ultra soung not long after having my baby n when she was 6 months they didnt say anything then but thats not wot they were looking 4 does that matter?
  • Posted

You could be stuffed to the gunnels with stones by now, look the condition up and see if it rings any bells smile
  • Posted

went back 2 the docs 2day been given lansoprazole havnt tried them yet are they any good any1 no? also bin told 2 have gavascon before bed hope this works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.