Acid Reflux with Crohns??

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello.

just wanting to get some advice from anyone who has suffered from acid reflux which may be triggered or brought on by having crohns.... I've heard before that this can be quite a common symptom but I've never experienced it before until about 3 or 4 months ago. I've had crohns for over 2 years.

it started off only happening once or twice a month. but now its happening numerous days a week.

I am taking pantoprazole but not sure if there's anything else I should try or whether I should just get in touch with my GI team...

be glad of suggestions:) thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi, try Buscopan tablets 2 four times a day , yes i know it says on packet for IBS . but they work for me. or peppermint oil tablets .

• Posted

thanks I will maybe try the peppermint tablets. I already take buscopan for other symptoms.

• Edited

I have had Crohn's since age 14, so 50 years. I would investigate food intolerances or allergies. About 9 years Ago I kept going into anaphylaxis.I had been on every medication for the acid reflux.When i eliminated the intolerances and allergens I have been able to go off all medication for acid reflux!

• Posted

Hi Esther,

thank you thats helpful. I had been wondering whether I am tolerant to certain things because I have noticed over the past few months that it seems to get worse if I was to have a glass of milk or a bowl of cereal with lots of milk in it... so wonder if something like that is the issue!

will have a chat with my doctor:)

• Posted

hello my doctor did colonscopy till ileo ceacal vavle it was clear but still i have symptom why so plz advice needed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.