Skip to content

Crohn's Disease

Also known as Mesalazine for Crohn's Disease, Sulfasalazine for Crohn's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Due for a colonoscopy next week and I’m feeling anxious

Started  about ten weeks ago, constant upset tummy, and very unpleasant smells, loose stools.  I’ve changed my diet to a low residue.  Doctor thinks it could be crohns.  I thought it was food poisoning but I’ve has 2 stool tests and bloods done.  I’m wondering will I ever be...

Last reply
  • No drugs working - Ileum Resection?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had ileum resected, and how they were after? I can't take any biologics or immunosuppressant's due to the awful side effects, so next stage is a ileum resection, approx. 10cm? Does this help, and do you still have pain and diarrhoea after? I'd like to hear Personal...

Last reply
  • Could it be Chron's?

Back in november i went to my GP about a slight burning feeling in the center of my abdomen just below rib cage also loose mushy stools(no blood), i had blood taken and was given omeprozole (suspected inflamed stomach lining). Had a trip to a&e a few weeks later and was given amoxicillin and told...

Last reply
  • Prednisolone

Hi I have raised calprotectin at 338 and I’m awaiting a pillcam . My mum has crohns and I have severe right sided pain. The GP put me on Prednisolone today for one week, how long will it take to work? And how will I know it has? Will the loan cease? Thankyou 

Last reply
  • IBD Doctors in Austin or Dallas?

Hello There, I just recently moved to the area and I am trying to find a doctor that I can work with. One that is open to doing an MRI as opposed to only CT scan. I've read that you can use an MRI but the doctor that I saw here recently only wanted to do a CT and he didn't seem very knowledgeable...

Posted
  • Me again - I’m sorry!

I’m sorry for taking up so much of this forums time & space, but not sure who else to ask & I’m beginning to loose faith in the uk’s gastroenterologist team so not even going there. For those that are new to my (long sorry arsed) story.  Had Crohns 30 years Small bowel resection 20 years...

Last reply
  • What are my chances of getting PIP for Crohn's disease?

I'm currently 17 and studying at college. Just finished my first year and I have a break until September now. During my first year of college I got Crohn's disease and after almost 8 months it was finally officially diagnosed a few weeks ago with a colonoscopy and MRI scan. I had to leave college...

Last reply
  • Could Crohn's be the same as Thrombocytopenia.

Hi   Could Crohn's disease be the same as Thrombocytopenic purpura, due to at some time taking antibiotics ,Nsaids,blood pressure meds,diuretics,calcium channel blockers , or diet with to much carbs, & would vitamin k help , when the consultant gastroenterologist showed me of picture...

Last reply
  • Possible partial obstruction

For the last two years I've had a rough pattern of being fairly symptom free for around 3-6 weeks then having cramps and pains for around a week to two weeks. During this time I've had many tests and MRI's which showed inconclusive. My most recent MRI finally showed a possibility of a mild...

Last reply
  • Possible crohns?

My daughter started having abdominal pain last october, which resulted in one night her repeatedly vomiting and being in agony. She ended up having an appendectomy but after it was removed they said her appendix was actually fine. Since then the abdominal pain is still present - she has good days and...

Last reply
  • chicken pox virus/crohn's

hi , just wondering if the chickenpox virus ,and crohn's disease is the same thing , and would the vaccine for chickenpox cure crohn's. once we have had chickenpox it lies dormant in the body and somehow becomes active again in later life possibly due to low immunity,stress ,etc,etc. Shingles...

Last reply
  • Travel Insurance

Hi, I'm recently diagnosed and looking for travel insurance that will cover my crohns whilst I'm in America. I thought I fell lucky finding one that would cover me but then when I got to the end it declined covering me for crohns. Can anyone suggest a travel insurer who covers crohns, possibly...

Last reply
  • Food intolerance

My daughter is currently being investigated for possible crohn's or ulcerative colitis. Colonoscopy next week. Would having hair follicle food intolerance test help with management of diet. Would they pick them up for those diseases? The advert said it tested for 240 items? Thanks worried mum x

Last reply
  • Budesonide for Crohn’s

Hi, has anyone had any experience with budesonide for getting a flare under control? What type of side effects does it come with? Is it effective?

Last reply
  • Is it Crohns?

So I am just waiting for the results of a stool sample for IBD but one of my blood tests showed vitamin D deficiency for which I'm now taking calcium tablets. I have an existing auto immune of HLA B 27 which I've read can have a link to crohns. I don't always have bad cramps and diarrhoea...

Last reply
  • Hernia with crones

Hi iv had crones for 12 months now but got 2 hernias on my tummy 1 is very big is this common and what can be done any advice would help as I’m down to see my surgeon for another 2 months thanks 

Posted
  • Difference between ibs and crohns

Hi , I keep hearing that drs are dismissing people with symptoms of ibd for ibs. O have elevated calprotectin , severe pain, mouth ulcers and anemia. I have a pillcam in July. Can you have calprotectin level of 400 with IBS? Thankyou . My mum has crohns 

Last reply
  • Waiting for diagnosis suspected Crohn's.

Jan 2017 I started having really bad stomach pains only in my right hand side I had bouts of diarrhoea also had mucus with or with out stools. The pain gets so bad it stops me in my tracks. I get a burning feeling in at the bottom of my ribs feel constantly sick and so tired all the time. I've been...

Last reply
  • Swollen feet on prednisolone - water tablets?

hi all Im currently taking 40mg of Prednisolone awaiting a resection/illiostomy (unfortunately surgery has been cancelled several times for various reasons including infections, need for high dose steroids etc) I’ve been on steroids for over a year and had practically every side effect on that gigantic...

Last reply
  • Giving up?

I’m at the point of giving up with this crappy disease. After 18 months on steroids, several months on biologics complications after complications after complications, I am now on zero drugs whatsoever & my gastro is saying I don’t need to be on anything now as my latest pill cam was “normal”. Yet...

Last reply
  • Fatigue Fatigue Fatigue!

Hi all I’m a 47 year old woman with small bowel Crohn’s. Since the onset of this illness 15 years ago my overarching and by far most debilitating symptom is fatigue, I mean literal bed bound at times fatigue – prior to diagnosis I was so fit and healthy I ran marathons yet now I could easily be mistaken...

Last reply
  • URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi Sorry for the urgent heading but need some help ASAP.  I have CD and currently on Budesonide (last biologic was end of December).  My urgent question is - have been in contact with someone who’s just come down with chickenpox (as has my toddler) we were with them Saturday, come out all...

Last reply
  • Sound like Chron's?

Back in november i went to my GP about a slight burning feeling in the center of my abdomen just below rib cage also loose mushy stools(no blood), i had blood taken and was given omeprozole (suspected inflamed stomach lining). Had a trip to a&e a few weeks later and was given amoxicillin and told...

Posted
  • chitosan

hi anyone ever taken chitosan for there crohns ,seems pretty good not taken any myself yet , only just sent for some on net .

Posted
  • Crohn? Unable to Gain weight

Hi All, I really need your help. I have been suffering from this strange disease. It started 1 year ago when my weight was 56 KG (32 years, male). I started having bloating and started pooping (absolutely normal) pooping 3 to 4 times a day. I lost 16 kgs weight over the time. Now after this 1 year,...

Last reply
  • Resection recovery fear

hi all Ive been pretty much unwell with constant, unremitting Crohn’s for 15 years. I’m due to have an illeostomy in approximately 4 weeks time, I’ve been in a steroid dependant flare up for 17 months (each surgery attempt thus far has needed rescheduling due to infection, high temperature etc) I have...

Last reply
  • Crohn's Disease without symptoms

Hi all,  I was diagnosed with Crohn's at the beginning of the year. I'm 41 and got a colonoscopy because it was required becuase my father died of colon cancer. I went in with a great attitude and woke up to bad news. The doctor immediately prescribed meds; a steroid and later a chemo therapy...

Last reply
  • amino acid-responsive of crohns disease

could a imbalance of amino acids. by too much serotonin & dopamine cause crohn's,do they both  need to work properly at the right level , i don't know at what level both are needed. and how they got like that , but it seems there is a correlation here,  

Last reply
  • Anal fissure, mouth sores... Could it be Crohn's?

Hi, I'm 17 years old and my main concern is that I've been suffering from anal fissures for about two years now. I believe the fissure appeared for the first time because of hard stool. It healed in about two weeks, but often when I have hard stool again, it comes back. There are periods of time...

Last reply
  • Can appendicitis raise faecal calprotectin result?

I have been having symptoms of Crohns for the last few years and this year it has got a lot worse. I have had a lot of tests done. However the test that showed something was the Faecal Calprotectin test. However I had this test a week before i thought I had a flare up as I had all the usual symptoms,...

Posted
  • Chrons flare but normal test results?

Hello all, this is a long story but I’ll try and keep it brief! I was diagnosed with severe chrons colitis in 2011 after a good two years of symptoms, starting with bloating and ending up with severe bloody diarrhea with mucous, erythema nodosum (on the soles of my feet at one stage!) Scleritis in one...

Last reply
  • Crohns or ibs

Hi I have constant pain in my right side, near appendix and next to belly button. I have impaction, smelly mucus from rectum, elevated calprotectin and anemia . Are these symptoms of ibs or something worse? My mum has crohns 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.