Skip to content
Ad

Crohn's Disease

Also known as Mesalazine for Crohn's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Could this be a crohns flare?

A little background info: I was diagnosed with IBS a long time ago. Randomly started having diarrhoea 3 years ago (No history prior to this) In this time have had 3 big attacks lasting one month of continuous diarrhoea and tonnes of smaller ones lasting one day to a week ish. Last summer was the worst...

Last reply
  • Crohn's ibs anxiety. For real?

Hello all Does crohns really affect anxiety.  I've had crohns for 20 years  had operation back then hitch cured it but left with some inflammation and some minor bleeding.  But anxiety on and off stopped for  4 years. And then on then a bit better for 6 months now real bad.  Yet...

Last reply
  • Blood Tests/Stool Sample Question

Hi, just a random question. Are there any specific blood tests that can help towards determining GI disease is present? I don't mean anything that can definitely diagnose a specific condition but just something that would indicate there could be an issue. For example, low iron levels could indicate...

Last reply
  • side effects of crohns

Hi Everbody, Hope you are all feel resonably well. I have been on this forum for around two years now and most cases I have been giving advice to patients. This time I am seeking advice. As I have mentioned several times in discussions I have suffered from for 53 yrs this year and throughout that period...

Last reply
  • Medication options?

Hi all, looking for some feedback/suggestion in regards to medication changes... I was diagnosed with crohns about 15 years ago and have had 2 bowel resections. Last one was in 2009 and following that I was put on azathiopeine 150mg and since then I've done quite well with no major flare up's...

Last reply
  • Orofacial granulomatosis - Crohns disease

Hi I have just been diagnosed with orofacial granulomatosis OFG -v uncommon auto immune disease which is dietary related & have been placed on a cinnamon & benzoate free diet which I'm really struggling with. I am having further allergy tests soon & a colonoscopy to see whether I have...

Last reply
  • Update

Hello hope everyones doing ok. I had my first scope after surgery today, as scopes go, they used a small scope and it was 90%comfortable and not painful. They found 10cm active moderate severe disease at the neoilieum and small bowel, and the anastomosis. Some ulcers begining with 'p' and pus...

Last reply
  • Calprocten test

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have crohns with a negative calprocten test? I know this picks up inflammation and crohns is inflammation, but just curious if it's possible to get a false positive. I have been getting symptoms of ibs for many years and just lived with it but...

Last reply
  • Bottle gourd juice helped me.

I thought about sharing this simple remedy with you all. It is helping me in controlling my bowel movements alot. I juice half bottle gourd in morning or evening or twice a day , I see improvement very next day, I am not officially diagnosed with crohn's but I get loose bowels like 2 or 3 times a...

Posted
  • Botox

I am due to have Botox injections to try to heal a long standing anal fissure. Has anyone had these and what can I expect afterwards?

Last reply
  • Crohns disease

I have been diagnosed with crohns since last year 30cm of inflammation in the small intestine. My toilet is all fine I have started getting left abdominal pain since Jan on and off. had a mri done seek gastrointestinal many times he said it's spasm pain and there is no new diagnosed on left side...

Posted
  • Abcess drainage

Hi all. I had a trip to A&E after a couple of weeks of horrendous pain in the bottom and fevers. 1 MRI later showed I had a 15x6x6cm abcess in my pelvis pushing against my prostate. I had a drain put in 5 days later after being on a cocktail of IV antibiotics. I had a drain put in on the 12th of...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with crohns

Ive just been told ive had crohn for 2yrs untreated. Doc thought it was IBS . Im lactose intolerant also. My crohns seems different to everyone im reading ... I have severe constipation. 10 ..to 14 days without help. Ill get back on this soon my tablets about to did soz ...but need help and advice

Last reply
  • Side effects Azathioprine?

Hi, I know this is really random and I'm quite embarrassed to write this but is anyone on Azathioprine experiencing side effects such as bad mood swings and unable to control your temper? I'm usually a really calm and tolerant person but just over the last few weeks I seem to lose my temper...

Last reply
  • IBD help!!!!

Hey alll so cut a long story short I'm under investigation for IBD I have suffered for so many years and just want a diagnosis what ever it will be so I can get the right meds and start living my life! IM 27 mother of 4 and I'm always stuck in with a flare up or in pain bla bla! Well since yesterday...

Last reply
  • Should I still have B12 injections after surgery?

I had surgery 11 weeks ago and everything has been great since, so far anyway. I went back to work after 9 weeks post op (I work part time) I have felt OK with this but I still feel really tired as I did before the surgery? I thought now I am able to eat that I wouldn't get this tiredness? Sometimes...

Last reply
  • Has anyone else's stopped after bowel resection.

I'm 36, I had a resection of the terminal ileum and sigmoid colon in February. I then had a period straight after and then again March and April. However I've not had a period since April. M6 normal cycle is 24 days, I am now in the 83rd of my current cycle. They left 240 CM of small bowel, I...

Last reply
  • Ladies who's had a baby

Hi when u have a flare up and your sitting on the tolite and the pain is so excruciating would you consider the pain to be as painful as contractions dilated 6 or over? I mean I'm in so much pain I think I'm going to fall over and die, so I just close my eyes an sometimes without even knowing...

Last reply
  • Bloods indicate need for mri with contrast

Hi. My mum was diagnosed with crohns a few years ago and also had a bowel resection for malrotated bowel- not sure this was crohns fault! She was on heavy duty, long term treatment for her crohns- can't remember the name I think it began with M. She came off medication a last year. She had a routine...

Last reply
  • Eye problems due too Crohn's

What kind of eye problems do you all deal with from crohn's? I know not all will have issues with there eyes but was reading its pretty common for people with crohn's to experience it in their eyes and joints as well.

Last reply
  • Do the NHS recognise SIBO?

Hi, Has anyone on here had experience of the nhs testing for and/or treating SIBO? I was diagnosed with Crohns in the terminal ileum around a year a go. Inflammation was under control having used budesonide for a bit and then Pentasa for 7-8 months. I've still struggled with overall health, fatigue,...

Last reply
  • Stomach problems doctors tests coming up blank what to do next

My 16 year old daughter has been suffering since April 2015 with constant nausea (but not being sick), acid reflux, dizziness, fatigue and slow weight loss (appetite was okay) it came on all of a sudden. She was admitted with suspected appendicitis in the September 2015 as she was having bad stomach...

Last reply
  • I just don't understand, what's my problem!! :(

Colonoscopy pics look good and doctor didn't find anything except Proctitis, they took a biopsy of it but haven't heard anything back for two weeks now. You think I'd hear something if it came back abnormal, so I'm assuming it's normal. I don't understand how they didn't find...

Last reply
  • 3weeks post surgery

So it has been 3 weeks now since I had my bowel resection. Everything is going ok I think? I had no bowel movement after surgery for 11 days which caused me concern, however all was ok when it finally did happen. I have introduced a couple of foods that there was no way I could of tolerated before but...

Last reply
  • Orafacial granulomatosis

Hi my son was diagnosed with orafacial granulomatosis about a year ago and I haven't really been told much about it. When he first got diagnosed he was given steroid mouth wash for 3 months and then he was put on high dose of steroid tablets and was told not to drink fizzy drinks. He is now of the...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy done today but only inflammation

I got my colonoscopy done and was told I had inflammation but didn't say it was IBD. My tummy hurts super bad and I went from being so hungry when I went in too not even being able to eat. They took a biopsy of the inflammation but what want to know is what exactly can they find on a biopsy of inflamed...

Last reply
  • My chrons has been very painful recently

I am 15 years old and was diagnosed with chrons about 3 years ago, my doctor prescribed me 750mg of pentasa twice a day. I was taking my medicine but about 6 months ago I kind of stopped. I didn't feel any worse or better than when I did take my medicine so I just went on with it. I've been taking...

Last reply
  • Scotland NHS Humira and waiting times

Hi i am on weekly injections and live at the moment in wales uk and i am thinking of moving to the highlands in Scotland (i cope with the cold up there better then the damp weather in wales). how difficult will it be to see a Gastroenterologist consultant and get the humira, would there be a long wait...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with crohns

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease in December 2016. I'm 19 years of age and finding it hard to cope with coming to terms with my condition. Since being diagnosed my life has spiralled out of control I've lost friends and my boyfriend due to them being unable to cope well...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.