Skip to content

Crohn's Disease

Also known as Mesalazine for Crohn's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Need advice

Hi I have elevated calprotectin at 338, brown mucus, anaemia and severe right lower abdomen pain. I’m on tramadol for this. Can anyone help? Is this typical of crohns or IBS ?

Last reply
  • Crohns research

Hi all. I’m a 30 year sufferer of Crohn’s disease, but not your average simple diagnosis CD.  I’m just wondering, how many CD patients have any trouble with their IBD consultant actually believing them when they have a flare or when you say you’re really unwell (and sometimes the tests may show...

Last reply
  • Crohn's Disease or IBS? I'm confused and need advice please.

Hi All Hoping someone out there can help me out with what may be causing my current symptoms as I have some doubts concerning my diagnosis of IBS. For the last 3 years I've been having problems with my digestive system, which has been causing a whole host of symptoms. The main one's are bloating,...

Last reply
  • Crohn’s disease (advice)

I’m 23 & diagnosed with crohn’s 13 months ago and was wondering why im so tired day in day out I carnt even lift my arms or move I’m that exhausted has anyone else had this or anyone no why im so bad with tiredness, i carnt ever do anything,& I’m on mazalazine macaptapurine. Humira and steriods...

Last reply
  • Mucus with no stool (crohn’s)

I’m 23 & got diagnosed with crohn’s disease a year ago iv being on and of with treatments / pains & tonight since about a hour/ hour and half ago iv had tightning and popping feeling and pains in lower stomach and loads of mucus with no stool, could anyone help please? I’m worried and confused...

Last reply
  • Foul smelling Mucus

Hi , I’m undiagnosed awaiting a pill cam. I have elevated calprotectin at 338, severe low right sided abdomen pain that is clear of of appendicitis and ovary problems . I’m recently diagnosed aneamic but now I’ve acquired fish smelling brown mucus with severe constipation. Can anyone help with this?...

Posted
  • Orofacial granulomatosis - Crohns disease

Hi I have just been diagnosed with orofacial granulomatosis OFG -v uncommon auto immune disease which is dietary related & have been placed on a cinnamon & benzoate free diet which I'm really struggling with. I am having further allergy tests soon & a colonoscopy to see whether I have...

Last reply
  • Anyone else suffer with anal skin tags?

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease last August so still a newbie! I had agonising anal skin tags at the start of(what I now know) two long crohns flares. Is this just s coincidence or has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I might be getting one now I don’t want another flare right now! 

Last reply
  • Treatment for crohns

Hi everybody, at the moment I think l am going through a flare which has been developing over a number of months but unlike the normal symptoms like stomach upset my discomfort has been gradually spreading all over my body with discomfort in all bones and joints. it is all around my rib cage and up and...

Last reply
  • chios mastic gum for crohns

hi ,anyone know of chios mastic gum to help with crohn's, according to the net its been used for years , might not cure but every bit helps (i hope) not tried it yet but sounds ok.  

Last reply
  • Has anyone had a rash from Infliximab?

Hi all,  I'm new here and looking for some advice. I had my last Infliximab on 27 December, my flare appeared to be receding but I had it anyway, since then I have developed large patches of what looks like eczema on my arms and hands and now it's on my feet. My doctor gave me a corticosteroid...

Last reply
  • Occipital lymph gland

Hi wondered if any one else has ever experienced this problem .. over the last week I've felt unwell nausea fatigue aching shivering very hot but temp within range .. tried to get Gp appointment no luck so carried on lots of bowel gas ( foul smelling ) then I wake up with this lump in the back of...

Last reply
  • herbal tretments

Hi, I am always looking for alternative treatments for crohns since most of the ones recommended by the hospital or GP's generally have bad side effects. Looking on-line there was a comment recently about "advanced turmeric" capsules. Has any one on the forum used these and if so what where...

Last reply
  • Crohn's Disease without symptoms

Hi all,  I was diagnosed with Crohn's at the beginning of the year. I'm 41 and got a colonoscopy because it was required becuase my father died of colon cancer. I went in with a great attitude and woke up to bad news. The doctor immediately prescribed meds; a steroid and later a chemo therapy...

Last reply
  • Could this be crones?

I’m just wondering really as I’ve been having problems for a year now. I ended up with a stone or sludge getting stuck in biliary duct a year ago. I’ve had no stones since but constant pain, in gallbladder area but now other pain and problems have started. I’ve been referd to this gastrointerologists...

Last reply
  • glycine crohn's?

Hi,  could Glycine supplement help with Crohn's ,after reading on google seem's it might help , maybe not a cure but just might help, I've just ordered some of the net, according to info it takes about a month to kick in , anyone ever tried it , and any success with it, it seems safe...

Posted
  • XaK XaK
  • I need advice - possible Chrons?

Hi all,  I am brand new here and awaiting my referral to the GI which is coming up in March. I would like to give you a run down of some of my experiences and symptoms I would really appreciate hearing from people with similar experiences and hearing any advice you may have: - 6 years of IBS symptoms...

Last reply
  • Crohns & humira

Hi sorry to bother people but I’m on humira mazalazine steriods and macaptapurine ( < there for life macaptapurine) but does anyone no why my stomach is hurting and cramping a lot while i being on humira iv had nothing but stomach pains cramps and heart pulps & makes me feel sick!! 😫does...

Last reply
  • Pentasa Suppositories

Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to ask a forum about Pentasa suppositories and suppositories in general as I've just been diagnosed with Crohn's. I've read about a lot of side effects to do with these suppositories, not sure if I've been looking for bad things on the internet but...

Last reply
  • No diagnosis and tests all coming back negative?

To give a bit of background, my brother was diagnosed a year and a half ago with Crohn's after getting surgery for a fistula. Around about the same time we realised my symptoms fitted with the same diagnosis. Fast forward a year and a half and I've had numerous tests (CT, Upper and Lower endoscopy...

Last reply
  • someone advise me please

hi everyone im 23 & i got diagnosed with crohn’s disease in march 2017 i tried every medication and now on injections (humari) think there called but recently iv had really bad rib pain right hand side lower ribs & tonight my full rib cage is hurting & keep going blurry vision im also on...

Last reply
  • Stricture??

Have a doc appointment tomorrow but  did anyone else's stricture feel like a giant hard lump sitting in you abdomen at all times? Sometimes it feels like it's being twisted and squeezed? Is this normal?

Last reply
  • PLEASE HELP!

The past couple days my stool has been EXTREMELY inconsistent. Usually it is black stool that is hard to pass.(hence why I got endoscopy this past Wednesday.) now the past two days I have been having awful diarrhea with bright red blood. What should I do?  Getting worried because every day the past...

Last reply
  • Salicylate in foods

Hi just thinking outside the box after reading a blog in newspapers  about Australians suffering Psoriasis ,Eczema Caused by Salicylate acid ,And N.I.C.E in UK approving a drug for  Psoriasis to Crohn's Sufferers...Is there a test Doctors could do for Salicylate acid , Could  Crohn's...

Posted
  • Chrons or bot?

Hi im a 20years old boy.at first i had reaccuring painful ulcers in my mouth then i got a diarrhea and constipation.i lost aboy 5 kg in two month and my rectum hurt and I bleed from my rectum all the time.right now i have a eye inflammation very bad my eyes hurt and its very red and tears keep coming...

Posted
  • Small bowel stricture?

Did anyone else's stricture feel like a giant hard lump sitting in you abdomen at all times? Sometimes it feels like it's being twisted and squeezed? Is this normal?

Last reply
  • GI symptoms, no real diagnosis.

November 2017 I was taken to a hospital with nausea and vomiting x 10 occurrences with severe stomach pains. I was given a CT scan due to the pain and absent bowel sounds. I expected to be told I had a bug but instead was told I had an abscess on my bowel, inflammation around my appendix, and a possible...

Last reply
  • Crones

Hi iv had crones and now got a bag not able to work at the moment or claim is there any grants available to apply for  Thanks 

Last reply
  • could Ship 1, plus curcumin spice help with crohn's

Hi not posted for a while, ..just been googling about crohn's,  here are some of  the things i have found on google . ...Ship 1 Inositol -5-phosphatase,  &  Curcumin , ...Ship 1 beyond my intelligence up to now (more studying required)   but Curcumin pretty easy...

Posted
  • Crohn's

I've recently been diagnosed with Crohn's and anal fissure from Crohn's. I've dropped 25lbs between 1-2 months. My first question, is my weight loss typical. I'm on some sulfa medication but it's not effective. What medication has helped? I'd prefer not to take a steriod....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.