Skip to content

Crohn's Disease

Also known as Mesalazine for Crohn's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• umbilical fistula

My mom has an umbilical fistula which i believe has been caused by removal of her gall bladder. She has a large amount of feces leaking from it, the amount the average person would pass out there bottom daily. Has anyone ever had this as they have said she has to wait 8 weeks to see if the hole heals...

• IBD discord support group

Hello, I sincerely hope that this is alright. If not, by all means please remove. My name is Ember. I run a discord support group for IBD sufferers.  I have Crohn's disease myself, and wanted to create a community of fellow IBD'ers to share my experiences with. We're around 100 strong...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Could it be Crohns?

Hello, I have been to the doctor so many times with my problems .. I'd like advice before I make another trip. I am 27 years old, I am a very healthy eater and I exercise often (running, yoga). However, I have been experience irritable bowel symptoms for approx 6 years (foul gas, severe abdominal...

Last reply
  • I’m at a battle with myself

Hi everyone, I’m very new to this forum so hello!!  I’m really just writing so I can understand how it FEELS to have ibd (chron’s). What it’s like when you wake up, after you eat, after you drink water, to exercise. How a typical day actually feels when you are living with this.  I am at...

Last reply
  • umbilical fistula

My mom has an umbilical fistula which i believe has been caused by removal of her gall bladder. She has a large amount of feces leaking from it, the amount the average person would pass out there bottom daily. Has anyone ever had this as they have said she has to wait 8 weeks to see if the hole heals...

Posted
  • Hello, can anyone give me an idea whats happening to me

Ive had blood in my stool for over 2 years but put it down to poor diet and too much beer. Since last summer things started getting worse and the bm were more frequent. As a result i developed an anal fissure which is the worst pain ive ever felt. 4 months later and i still cant get rid of it no matter...

Last reply
  • Question for the ladies re + Pap smears & biologics

Hi. Quick history Have Crohn’s disease , 30 years now.  Was on imuran - damaged my liver & didn’t work.  Went on to Humira - failed Was on pred for a year - caused Cushing’s  Tried remicade - worked but severe allergic reaction.  Due to start Stelera tomorrow, back on steroids...

Last reply
  • colonoscpy

Hi Every body, I usually use this forum to hopefully help and advise others since I have years of experience of suffering with crohs 53 yrs to be exact. But this time I am seeking advice and help for myself. Over the last few months I have feeling more unwell than normal. If like me you don't have...

Last reply
  • IBD discord support group

Hello, I sincerely hope that this is alright. If not, by all means please remove. My name is Ember. I run a discord support group for IBD sufferers.  I have Crohn's disease myself, and wanted to create a community of fellow IBD'ers to share my experiences with. We're around 100 strong...

Posted
  • Has Anyone With Crohn's Experienced This?

Hello. I "may" have crohns. My blood work was normal. That had me upset bc I KNOW something is WRONG. I have SO MANY of the symptoms and I have been so sick for years. It's been a battle. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy but had to cancel bc I'm a single mother of two young children...

Last reply
  • Crohns or eating disorder???

Hi, my 15 year old daughter has lost 2.5 stone of weight in 5 months. Coupled with stomach pains and vomitting.  Calprotectin level is raised at 120 but everything else is totally normal.  However, recently she has been eating less and less because she says it makes her feel sick or gives her...

Last reply
  • Crohns without diarrhea

I've just been diagnosed with crohns disease but I don't get diarrhea, I get chronic constipation and severe inflammation with lower back pain and hip pain. Does anyone else have this (no diarrhea) but have other symptoms? What has your treatment been?

Last reply
  • Managing crohn's by diet alone

Hi, Has anyone tried managing their disease by diet alone? I can't tolerate steroids, I have been on Humira on and off for 24 months, but due to the constant sinus infections, I'm off it more than I'm on it. I've thought about coming off altogether and trying a simple/basic diet instead....

Last reply
  • Could it be crohns. ?

Hi.  I am just wanting to know if anyone as a similar story to myself.  I am male and 38 years old and apart from this in good health.  Since my early 20’’s I have taken omoprazole and currently on  pantoprazole for the past 4 years. For acid reflux and small hiatus hernia. ...

Last reply
  • Orofacial granulomatosis - Crohns disease

Hi I have just been diagnosed with orofacial granulomatosis OFG -v uncommon auto immune disease which is dietary related & have been placed on a cinnamon & benzoate free diet which I'm really struggling with. I am having further allergy tests soon & a colonoscopy to see whether I have...

Last reply
  • Calprotectin levels false?

Hi I’ve been ill for years with ibs and now I have a calprotectin level of 338. I’ve aquired a very bad pain where my appendix is for a few weeks but a&e have not found any appendix issues.  My GI says it’s not crohns as I don’t have loose stools only severe constipation.  Can calprotectin...

Last reply
  • Just looking for some information?

Hi all,  I've decided to join this discussion just to get a little bit of help and advise really..  my partner got her stool results back yesterday and whilst the doctor said he can't diagnose anything as of yet, he said it's Likely to be Crohn's disease.  My partner has...

Last reply
  • Entyvio

My mum has been on Infliximab for nearly 2 years, sadly it has failed. She is now due to start Entyvio next week. As this is still so new we’re slightly worried. Has anybody got any experience of this?  Thank you in advance  Kimberley 

Last reply
  • Side effects from medication?

Probably a weird question, but I'm experiencing a couple of side effects and I wonder whether it could be related to medication I'm taking and has anyone else had the same thing? I'm taking Pentasa (mesalazine), fluoxetine (for anxiety) and lymocyclen for rosacea. Its really gross, but ever...

Last reply
  • Normal MRI

hi, does normal small bowel MRI and colonoscopy mean there is no IBD for sure? thanks in advance x

Last reply
  • Could this be Crohns or is it just IBS?

Chronic pain, LEFT UPPER abdomen and chest, already for 5 months. I would be curious to know if my symptoms, especially my pain in LUQ matches those if you guys, with Crohns. I dont have bleeding, have only constipation, and a positive calprotectin test. - Dull pain, sometimes also feeling like bubbles,...

Last reply
  • Chronic nausea, can anyone help?

I am a 30 year old woman with Crohn’s disease. I experience chronic nausea which is very sporadic. It just comes and goes. I never know when it’s coming or how long it is going to last. My doctors haven’t been much help, they prescribe me anti nauseants but nothing works!! I’ve been suffering with this...

Last reply
  • High calprotectin level and back back -help

Hi All, in September I had serious stomach pain and was told it may be ibs. Blood test were all clear but stool sample shows 356 of high calprotectin, apparently meaning it can't be ibs but maybe ibd instead. I also have a dull lower back pain. My doc has told me to go for colonoscopy but the writing...

Last reply
  • Crohns in lower bowel

Hi.  I’m new so please bare with me. For 2 years I have had the most uncomfortable pain in my abdominal. It’s alwaysbtge right hand side near my belly button and sometimes goes to the lower right. It’s aweful. It hurts all the time and when I press. I have had all the tests you can imagine. Endoscopy....

Last reply
  • IBD or IBS - Feeling frustrated 😕

Hi. I've had symptoms of diarrhoea, pain, blood in stool, fatigue etc intermittently for a long time. I was finally referred for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The colonoscopy showed inflammation in my terminal ileum which was chronic in nature and also in my rectum. I also had a small number of ulcers...

Last reply
  • Chronic pa

Chronic pain, LEFT UPPER abdomen and chest, already for 5 months. I would be curious to know if my symptoms, especially my pain in LUQ matches those if you guys, with Crohns. I dont have bleeding, have only constipation, and a positive calprotectin test. - Dull pain, sometimes also feeling like bubbles,...

Last reply
  • Is this Crohn's or IBS

So I've been having pain for over 4 years now. They took the gallbladder because they found stones during ultrasound. Then had an endoscope after the pain persisted but it was always in my upper stomach and they found a hiatal hernia, acid and h.plori (which they tested me for again after it cleared...

Last reply
  • someone advise me please

hi everyone im 23 & i got diagnosed with crohn’s disease in march 2017 i tried every medication and now on injections (humari) think there called but recently iv had really bad rib pain right hand side lower ribs & tonight my full rib cage is hurting & keep going blurry vision im also on...

Last reply
  • Crohns and managing work

Dear all,  I have been unwell for several weeks last year and currently off work due to sickness. Management not sympathetic and harassing me with returning to work or ? dismissal.   Is anyone out there able to provide me with some pointers please. I honestly enjoy my job in the health...

Last reply
  • Resection Surgery

Has anyone had a resection resulting in having an ileostomy bag? Did your symptoms improve? How was the full recovery (surgery/hospital to present)?  I am in need of one but am unable to at this time due to my inflammation levels being considerably high. I also have Multiple Sclerosis, so the inflammation...

Last reply
  • IBD TO BE MADE A DISABILITY

Morning everyone, I’m only going to post this twice today for members that have missed it yesterday. We have started a new Facebook Group yesterday with nearly 400 members joining which is fantastic.  We are waiting for a petition to be approved by Parliament about IBD to be known as disability...

Posted
  • IBD TO MADE A DISABILITY

Morning everyone, I’m only going to post this twice today for members that have missed it yesterday. We have started a new Facebook Group yesterday with nearly 400 members joining which is fantastic.  We are waiting for a petition to be approved by Parliament about IBD to be known as disability...

Last reply
  • Looking for answers... concerned mum

My daughter (17) is newly diagnosed with Chron’s, after so long watching my vibrant girl suffer, finally a calprotectin result showed 1296 reading and she was admitted by ambulance to hospital. Where she spent a week, got the most needed colonoscopy and was treated acutely. Since October she has only...

Last reply
  • Strike 3 😞

So after Azathiaprine causing Liver damage, steroids causing Cushing’s syndrome. Humira not working I finally found something that looked like it was going to work. Infliximab! After just one treatment I started to feel slightly better (aside from other issues I have going on non crohns related) but....

Last reply
  • New Flare, after 40 yrs I'm out of remission.

After 40 yrs with a illeostomy, no colon, I've been in remission. Now in a flare. Recently placed on humira to avoid it getting as bad as it was 40 yrs ago. I'm having much pain that radiates all the way from rib cage to around my back. Does anyone experience this and if so how do I get relief.

Last reply
  • flare up

Hi Everybody,  As I have mentioned several times on this forum I have suffered from crohns for 53yrs and have undergone a number of operations and procedures.  At the moment I am feeling really unwell which has been developing steadily for around six months but I am not sure what constitutes...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.