Pain under ribs right side, anyone had this with crohn's?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all

Hope everyone is as well as possible and coping with the heat.

I have developed some right sided upper quadrant abdominal pain which feels like it's along or under my ribs. I initially thought it may be costocondritis but as time is going on its I'm wondering if it could be referred pain from my crohn's? I have crohn's in the terminal ileum and recently mri showed it seems to be progressing as there is enhancement of the caecum and ascending colon. I have also noticed my stool has become constipated in appearance although I'm not struggling to go but that is unheard of for me as I've had relentless diarrhoeafor years and years which no amount of medication at maximum dose would ease. I have been found to have bile acid malabsorption too but have been on questran powders for that for many years so nothing new there, it's just that I had a sehcat scan which confirmed it.

In addition to this I'm on 6mgs of budesonide daily and my consultant said she would like to start me on azathioprine next after reviewing my mri results. I am starting to feel increasingly reluctant about going onto it as I am concerned about the risk of infections as I have been unable to take oral antibiotics since 2008.

If anyone has any experience of this type of pain especially if linked to their crohns I would be very grateful to know if anything helped to ease it.

take care

x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.