Do I have an intestinal stricture???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey.

So I was diagnosed with Crohns almost 3 years ago. And I had to go on steroid treatment 3 times within the first 1.5years of being diagnosed.

I was then started on azathioprine and was doing completely fine until about 1 year ago when I started having trouble with constipation and nausea etc.

over the past 10months I have been taking laxido sachets every single day just to try and keep my bowels opening which may be every few days...

for the past 3 or 4 months I have just constantly felt bunged up, bloated, nauseous along with having abdo pains and no appetite. In the past few weeks when my bowels do open im having severe stomach cramps and my stools are long and pencil thin.

I am on the waiting list for a colonoscopy but due to covid I will be waiting a while!! I've had CT Scans and a number of xrays all of which have shown that I am really clogged up with faeces. Hospital have ruled out any complete blockages but this week my GP contacted me saying she is concerned I have a stricture. But then my IBD nurse is saying she doesnt think I do....the IBD team keep saying I'm "just constipated" like its a normal thing that happens for no reason...

So I'm at my wits end here as to what to try or change or do to at least get some relief whilst I wait for my scope....

has anyone else had similar symptoms?? or has anyone here had a stricture and does it seem like i could possibly have one??

I'd be glad of some thoughts and advice.... take care 🙂

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.