Please help me to diagnose my Dad! Ulceration on throat

Posted , 1 user is following.

It's been about a year since my Dad has been battling with a weird ulceration on the back off his throat. It causes immense pain during swallowing and I feel like it has weekened his whole body. He has been to many doctors including 4 laryngologists. Nobody knows what this is. One doctor suggestes it might be a result of Crohns disease as my Father has intestinal ulceration and colitis, reflux, ulceration on the Bauhin Valve gastritis found during colonoscopy and gastroscopy. He also Has high levels of Calcprotectin 364 mg/kg found in a stool sample and also a dyslipidemia found in blood. Therefore he was prescribed Encorton(Steroids) and Imuran (Immunosuppressant). Encorton seemed to work for a while because the ulceration disappeared for a month completely! But its has grown back higher and even bigger when he stopped using them as the doctor advised him to use only the Immunosuppresant. As we saw it groing back we my Dad decided he wants to take the Steroids again but didnt work the way it worked before. He changed his diet completely, stopped drinking coffe, eating grains besides oat, alcohol, meat and milk products, he only eats boiled food for about a month now. Nothing helps! We also did a throat biopsy that said it was something uncharacteristic,(?). CRP is about 14 H mg/dl. What could this possibly be? Please help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.