Has any one with Crohn had symptoms/tests like this

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Friends

I have been going through hell for 5 years with a lot of tests and everyday fear of incurable diseases from Lymphomas to autoimmune diseases etc. Now the gastro is looking at Crohn's disease. I came here to ask you guys if anyone had similar scenario and have Crohn's ?

First I have had multiple episodes of very high Eosinophil number which is a type of white blood cell. by very high I mean some time near 20000 which is 50 times normal. I had a couple of episodes of upper abdomen pain with fever but rarely have lower abdomen pain. I usually don't have diarrhea or constipationthat lasts more than a day or so and never see blood or mucus in my stool. However, I have floating stool that are formed but a little soft and I have bowel movement 2-3 times a day.

I had a colonoscopy last week which was normal as well as 4 CTs in the last 5 years and a few ultrasounds which all turned normal Next week I have an MRI . I am very scared as my doctor said he is looking at Crohn as well as PSC . Please tell me if any of you had eosinophilia as a main issue in blood works and if with little symptoms like diarrhea or blood/mucus how likely it is that I have Crohn?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.