Suspected Crohns or UC very worried!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all

for the past few months I've been experiencing constipation and noticed some mucas when I wiped (not much) so called the doctors and he got me in for blood tests which were all normal and stool test which came back showing high levels of inflammation so my GP referred me for an urgent colonoscopy 3 weeks ago and said she's certain its either Crohns or ulcerative colitis.

I got a letter today for an outpatients consultation with a gastroenterologist on 15th July but not the colonoscopy - this has confused me and doesn't seem very 'urgent'

my symptoms are constipation which I seem to have helped by upping my fibre and taking fibre gel before bed, flatulence, bloating and mucas. I havent noticed any blood and have been having daily normal movements for the past few weeks.

the only time I seem to notice white/yellow mucas is if I strain too hard, I rarely have mucas with a normal movement.

I've always suffered with hemorrhoids to the point they've thrombossed in the past (agony) but I havent got external piles currently and not sure if I have internal.

from what I've read, im not displaying the usual symptoms of IBD and its not common to have a consultation before a colonoscopy? I'm really confused and sick of waiting and worrying about my health.

any advice? anyone have IBD with these symptoms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.