Acid reflux with only one symptom being tightness in throat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get acid reflux about 3 times a day, but it is very minor. I have none of the symptoms but one that they list for acid reflux. The only symptom I get is this Globus Sensation or tightness in my throat. It almost feels like I’m short of breath 24/7. Sometimes it’s better when I’m at school but when I get home and I’m thinking about it or at night it’s worse. I’m so confused on why it is that I have this throat tightening feeling? Can anyone please help. It is extremely annoying and causing me a lot of stress and anxiety.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I do also belch a lot.
  • Posted

It seems like a tonnn of people have this, I would have never guessed but what’s weird is so many people have different things causing it so it’s hard to tell. I’ve been trying many different things for the last four months and finally it has slowed down but now I’m wanting it to completely go away, it drives me nuts.. it doesn’t hurt I just don’t understand why it’s there so it makes me really sad but reading how so many people have it helps me a lot when I’m down about it. I have been takin antihistamines for the post nasal drip so I’m not swallowing so much, I take high doses of magnesium to calm the muscles Incase it’s a nerve issue, I’m trying a gluten intolerance thing now Incase it’s that, very low sugars or anything acidic cus chances are we’re so used to eating all this junk now a days that our sphincter (the valve that holds down the food) has become weak from all the acidic assuming and while we’re sleeping it creeps up and burns our throats and of course that tissue is sensitive so it takes awhile to heal but once you mess up it starts all over again. 
  • Posted

i have tightness in my throat almost every day to where i can;t breath for a little while i would like to say it gets better with time but it does not i have had this problem almost all year i'm in school as well but it is high school and the school puts me under a lot of stress people on here are not doctors but we try to help one another so if you have not see a doctor you might want to see one that's what i'm scheduled  for very soon and if you have any other questions just ask and i will try to help you i'm good at giving advise to help people i run a advice column in a magazine at school so don't hesitate to ask me for help or advise.

• Posted

Do you lose your appetite and don't want nothing to eat or drink? It just all to much for me now the golf ball thing in my throat. Feeling sick all the time I just want it to be over. When I do eat I feel to full and can't use the bathroom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.