Acid related nausea

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone get really bad nausea ,to the point where you just cant function ?I'm new to this feeling it started in November and the doctors put me on lansoprazole which seemed to work for a month i lost some weight joined the gym then all of a sudden the feeling is back and its unbearable .Any tips ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I’ve been taking lansprazole for over a month after having endoscopy which only found bile flowing into the stomach. Since taking lansprazole I have had backache and a constant dull ache in my right side. This is my second day off lansprazole and hoping from what others of said is a side effect 
  • Posted

sorry your feeling like this it's awful..I was the same and found chewing gum and wearing the anti sickness wrist bands really helped..

• Posted

There's another thread on this from 4 years ago with 93 replies called                                                       "Constant nausea, bloating, stomach pains and acid reflux"!  I'm only a very newbie here - but surely there's a way to check for previous threads on the same subject before starting a new one and getting other punters to keep repeating themselves (no pun intended)?

If not why not ask the owners of this website to put in a system for checking previous threads?

Having said that, I also suffer from acid related nausea.  I looked up acid reflex in "Natural News" and started taking zinc carnosine as it adds to the stomach lining and also DGL.  I've just put this into another thread only today.  I can't remember what it was called but I added details of a simple exercise first thing in the mornings which I had found on the internet.  It really helps and lt takes less than a minute.  Maybe the organisers of this website could help to locate it  Which country are you in by the way as it might make a difference to people's comments?

Gym is good. All the best.

• Posted

Hey there Christina ,

We are in the same exact boat. I started omeprazole 20 mg about two months ago and my nausea subsided .  Now, it is creeping back. 

I’ve been searching all day reading different forums and it was hard to find anybody with my same exact issue. 

I don’t have the heartburn, or the chest pains or any other symptoms but just nauseous

.  I’ve change my diet and I don’t drink or smoke. It’s a nauseous, hungry  feeling even after I eat.. It’s funny I’m actually cheeing a piece of gum right now and it seem to go away for a second. 

Some other folks were saying it could be gastritis or get your gallbladder checked 

Keep in touch so we can ride this boat together with no nausea in the future hopefully

• Posted

I’ve had terrible nausea and a hydra scan test showed I had bile reflux. Odanstron worked for me
    • Posted

Hi Matt ,Glad its not just me then ,i also don't have heartburn or any pains ,but just a constant nauseous feeling almost like morning sickness but it lasts for days ,weeks then it will go for a few weeks and come back .I joined the gym thinking loosing weight must help i generally eat healthy and occasionally drink .I spent the whole day yesterday researching as i feel like its taking over my life i cant go out or even want to talk when the feeling gets so bad. I've had my dose upped to 30mg so will see if that helps and i am going to cut out tomato based foods ,coffee (this is my life line ) and see if it makes a difference .I have been drinking ginger tea which seems to take the edge off .Let me know if you have any other tips .

• Posted

Put your bed up on 8” blocks  under your head. Gravity will keep your goodies in your stomach . 

Fat, Coffee, alcohol, tomato products are the main triggers. Also watch the processed and fast food items. 

It also helps if you lose a few pounds around here. Because It puts stress on your Les ( sphincter) 

When that gets relaxed acid from stomach creeps into your esophagus

The bottom line is to keep it closed

also certain meds will relax it 

• Posted

im in the same boat tbf and looking for ansers ive been taking omeprozole for over a year and they dont work i have good days and bad days. My worst days are feeling breathless and belly churning and burping mostly. and most nights i sit up with my cheast making gurgling noises and poping sounds. Fist my doc says its gerd now saying its because i have anxiaty. So im much confussed because nothing i try helps and now im convincing myself its something else wrong. as i start my day like this asoon as my eyes are open. Do u have any of those symptoms ?
    • Posted

I don't but my partner does and he suffers from anxiety .Maybe see if treating the anxiety first may help.Good Luck 

• Posted

ive had terrible nausea and had a hydascan test which revealed bile reflux from my gall bladder. Odstron worked well for me.
    • Posted

Frank, the endoscopy showed bile in my stomach, would that be dew to the gallbladder? 
    • Posted

The gallbladderholds bile produced by the liver until it is needed for digestion. Ask your doctor about having a HIDA scan which can confirm your suspicion. You can watch the screen as he injects you with some contrast and you will see it make its way through your digestive track. If you have bile reflux you can watch the contrast flow back into your stomach from the gall bladder at the same time it’s moving from the gall bladder to the stomach. Like I said odansetron helped me manage the nausea and a couple other supplements helped me overcome it as it I only suffer nausea once in awhile instead of all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.