Acid Relux - Breathing Issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted 6 months ago regarding breathing issues and chronic fatigue.  God bless the doctors, however they are not perfect.

They all mean well I'm sure.  We as the patient need to be aggressive and not "settle" for treatment that does not help and allow the physicians to say.... "we tried..."  Move on until you find help.  This life is NOT a dress hearsal..... we only get one shot!

After 3+ years of taking acid reflux meds and being told that my heart is fine, the pain is from acid reflux, I had an endoscopy and balloon to open up my inflammed esophogas.  It helped with breathing, but 5 months later esophagus still sore.... on Dexilant

which seems to be only med that works for me.  Last week was given cardiac catherization and found that my left ventricle had 80% blockage and stent was inserted.  Sooooo for 3 + years I put up with the chest pain (was told to) and all along the blockage was the issue.  BTW..... my BP has slowly getting lower and lower and the past several months averages 60's, 70's/ 30.  Was a couch potato

and now on Midodrine 5g 3 times a day just to stay off the couch.

All of this to say.... keep on keeping on and don't let anyone stop you from achieving the life you deserve!  Good luck to everyone who has been kind enough to post on this blog.

My fight continues along with all of you!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Glad that you finally got an asnwer. ;-)  I been getting chest pain for 3+ years with lack of air and they have ben telling me that is GI issue or anxiety.  I had 5 endescopy so far and finally they said is not GI related. Thanks God I did not believe it was GI related so I never took more than 2 months of PPI's.  So 2 years ago they did a heart CT and a chest CT and they I had "0" posibility of a heart attack.  So they sent me home and asked me not to call them unless I had an emercency because I had a perfect heart.  Well, 2 years later and symptoms getting worse I decided to go back and they ran a Nuclear stress test, waiting for the scan part of it. The stress test itself came out good, but still had some incluclusive results so they order another chest CT upon my request because they wanted to send me home again.  Sure, they already told me they believe is anxiety, which my phychistrist said is not.  I did take benzos for 2 1/2 years and finaly got out of them 12 days ago.

• Posted

Sounds like we went to the same doctor!  I also had the nuclear stress test couple of weeks ago which prompted the heart catherization. When that was performed on 8/31 they found 80% blockage and inserted a stent.  Still don't know why my BP is so low (have to take midodrine to raise it)  My point is that

I was lucky in that I told the physicians that I don't want to live like this anymore... getting only 3 to 4 hours a day in the morning before I was forced to spend the rest of the day on my couch..... so they wanted to rule the heart out as a cause

and found the blockage and got my stent..... I continue to seek reasons for the BP issue.... everyone I know has high blood pressure and say that I am lucky with low BP?  Let them be a couch potato and see it is no fun!  Seeing Gp next week as well as a Nephrologist just in case kidneys are causing my problem.

Good luck in your journey for better health!

• Posted

Yes, in my case they said it showed I might have muscle damage but it was inconclusive, but when they saw the scan results from the pictures they disregardded that option saying it could be that I lost to much weight. They actually disregarded my case but I insisted further testing so they said the only option I have left is the chest CT again which 2 years ago was perfect.  Actually, he said I had a really good heart but in order for me to relax they approved the chest CT. I told them, I have this pain and lack of air for 3 years all day long specailly when I talk, walk, exercise or work, how can I relax?  He actually said I might need to accept these symptoms and live like that the rest of my life. ;-(  He believes is anxiety which is not the case because I already took benzos for 2 1/2 years and all it did was put me in a couch still having these issues, just like you said.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. Hope all goes well. ;-)

• Posted

Thank you John. Happy they found the answer for you. Pray you continue on your road of health..thanks for sharing yr experience. Yes, we all must keep on keeping on..Take care..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.