Acidic feces ????

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had a stool test and it was acidic 

Lately I've been feeling weakness I look pale and lost weight with chronic constipation 

What;s the significance of acidic stool ?  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The PH of faeces should be pretty close to neutral, 6.7-6.9, if they are alkaline it means bad bacteria in the gut. On the other hand if they are too acidic means that your diet probably has too much sucrose (sugar) or lactose in it. You could even be lactose intolerant. Seventy five per cent of the world is! 
    • Posted

I am actually lactose intolerent but i rely on lacto free product and they work out for me and to be honest yes I consume pretty much sugar I eat huney everyday and cakes and my beverages are sugary too but can it be that this is causing my problem ? and sikness ? and not feeling well ? 
    • Posted

Why not give up sugary food and drink for a few days and see if it makes a difference. 
    • Posted

Hey I've been relieved from my constipation lately THANK GOD 

I feel better constipation wise and less gases aswell still the bloating is there and many other complications like weakness severe lower back pain etc. but my constipation has reduced I took Lactulose that gave me bowel movements it really did help and I found that figs help aswell hopefully all my problems come to an end eventually

• Posted

That is fantastic news. Figs are good too except I loathe figs!
  • Posted

I just read about this and it seems it could be anything from a lactose intolerant problem to an infection.

Did they give you antibiotics (would lead me to believe they want to rule out infection first).

• Posted

I took a long course of antibiotics 2 weeks ago for my UTI now I'm not taking any medicines now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.