Skip to content

Constipation

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • So backed up!

I've had chronic constipation for over 10 yrs. I can only "go" with enemas or suppositories. And that works for me. I do enemas every 4 - 5 days.. My bowels haven't moved "on their own" in 5 yrs or more. Anyways,the last 2 weeks have been brutal. I did enemas,and only got...

Last reply
  • Worried about whats going on

Didn't know where to post this, but I need to know whats going on and this has been bothering me for about a week now. So for about 6 days at least I've not been going to the bathroom as much, like not pooping. Before this, I would usually go everyday at least. Whenever I try to do it now I...

Last reply
  • Constipation

I have been dealing with constipation and irritable bowel syndrome plus I have acid reflux disease and a hihatal hernia it hurts so bad all the time and I get very emotional and I cry a lot when I'm in pain

Last reply
  • Constipation desperately need help bad, please.

This is such a long shot here, never have done this but I am so desperate I honestly don't know what to do, I have severe anxiety which is causing major panic attacks & just crying all the time. I'm in a lot of pain & very uncomfortable. I've read a lot of these kinds of forums but...

Last reply
  • I finally found a solution to 17 years of constipation

This isn't a question but I just wanted to share this for anybody that it might help because it truly changed my life. I've had chronic constipation since I was 3 years old. When I was 3, I was molested, and (I was told by my doctor but I'm still not sure how the two are connected) I began...

Last reply
  • Constipated for 5 months

Hi everyone, The past 5 months have been a living hell for me. I have been constipated for an 5 entire months and it is destroying my life. I am unable to go without taking painful laxatives.  I have tried everything.  Increased fiber, probiotics, stool softeners, I even went vegan to see if...

Last reply
  • I did something stupid with an Enema

I read somewhere that soap helps clear constipation. At the time I didn't know how severe doing this could be. I Gave myself an enema of just purely scented soap. Around 1/4th of an ounce to be exact. It's been around 4 days now and I can't produce a bowel movement. I took 2 single servings...

Last reply
  • OMG Finally, a cure for constipation, ibs-C

I have tried everything under the sun for my constipation IBS-C EVERYTHING! Nothing worked. Let me explain my struggle at first, then I’ll tell you how I fell upon something that really worked. My IBS goes from diarrhea to constipation. I used baking soda for a long time, it’s great for constipation...

Last reply
  • Slight abdominal pain threw out day! Goes away when I’m lying down

I have slight abdominal pain the last 2 days! It isn’t bad I can do regular activities but it is annoying and makes me feel off! I’m traveling in 5 days and I think it might be due to stress! Because I traveled last month and I got constipated right before I left that I think was due to stress as well!...

Last reply
  • constipated? please help

Okay, so the last time I was able to poop a bit was the 22nd (around noon(5 days ago)), and it was because I took a laxative the day before (around 4pm). Now, I'm trying to poop but the hole won't open maybe just a tiny bit, and I have been having this pain in my stomach (right side under my...

Last reply
  • Trouble going

Hi all am 36 male, am really struggling to go toilet for months now! I suffer with anxiety disorder but otherwise am quite active person. I can go toilet but I have to sit there and strain like mad before I can pass just a little bit. My stool is flat thin and wavy looking. I’ve upped my fibre intake...

Last reply
  • Potassium and Magnesium deficient

I have answered a previous message but it might get lost in the discussion so I'm posting to say look up the videos for Potassium and Magnesium deficiencies if you have chronic constipation. After four painful years I'm functioning normally now and pain free just by taking supplements daily.

Last reply
  • No BM for 13 day, please help.

I haven't had a BM in 13 days! I went to my doctor this morning and told him about me not having any BM, I was in so much pain this morning I was crying as he was in the room with me. He looked at me and said "you're fine". I have tried Fleet suppositories/enemas, laxative pills (they...

Last reply
  • Incomplete defection

So for the last couple months I've gone to the bathroom I can get most of it out in the morning but for the next few hours I can feel that I hadn't gotten it all out and I then use the bathroom 2-3 more times and can only get out diareah. My stools in the morning vary greatly, sometimes they...

Last reply
  • Constipation, twitching stomach for 3 weeks. What is going on?

t all started Easter night (Sunday, April 1st). After having spent my day eating kilebasa, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, and pie with family, I went off to bed like any other night. Pretty much as soon as I laid down the middle of my chest started fluttering. It was literally like a fish flopping...

Last reply
  • constipated? please help

Okay, so the last time I was able to poop a bit was the 22nd of April. I was trying to go yesterday, but only a little bit came out. I tried going today, but (this may sound gross) I had to stick my finger in because the opening would not open, only a tiny bit. What suggestions may you all have? And...

Posted
  • Constipation and left hand pain

dr suspects diverticular problem so had flagyl and colonoscopy to come.  Using lactulose but have anxiety disorder and its exacerbating it.  Should i use laxido which dr gave me, i am having difficulty taking it.

Posted
  • Constipation sickness

I have been chronic constipated for a long time but I still can’t find any relief  Can anyone help?  Sickness fullness bloated. Light headed  Any ideas what I could do  I irrigate 2 Senna night 2 bisicodole In morning 

Last reply
  • Back/abdominal pain

This is going to be really long. But a couple weeks ago I started having lower left back pain along with lower left abdominal pain and left groin pain and there is many bubbles in my urine. My mom took me to the doctor because she thought I had kidney stones. They told me my my colon was very backed...

Last reply
  • Codeine based medication causing constipation

I recently injured my shoulder and have been put on 30/500mg cocodamol containing codeine along with ibuprofen. The good thing is they are great for the pain but they're making me extremely constipated. I've tried senakot tablets for a few days but they're doing nothing. Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • constipation

Hi my name is bilal and i am 24 years old and every time after lunch we i go for pop, i am feeling huge constipation and i have to push every time. i dont know what to do please assist me. Thanks!

Posted
  • left sided stomach pain

Hi, after any advice/opinions please.  ​Ive had G.E.R.D for approx. 12yrs, ive changed my diet to what I believe helps to reduce this as much as possible over this time, I don't drink or smoke, I'm 43 wouldn't consider myself over weight.  I'm also on my maximum medication wise...

Last reply
  • Taking inulin for chronic constipation

Hello everybody, I thought I would share my experience with inulin with anyone suffering from chronic constipation. I have tried everything under the sun. I have been constipated since I can remember and I have tried lots of remedies to try to improve it. I am against taking medicines but my doctor recommended me...

Last reply
  • What to Expect with Sphincterotomy

It seems Sphincterotomy may relieve anal stenosis, narrowing of Anal Canal. Also heard that permanent side effect is incontinence. Anyone have Sphincterotomy ? What to expect? How was recovery?

Last reply
  • Advice/Tips for possible "Constipation"

HI I use the term loosely as I suspect a lot of people here would be happy to go to the bathroom as much as I do but anyway. I've posted elsewhere with my ongoing issues of bowel discomfort, I float between thinking It's in my head/its IBS/its diverticular/its cancer. But anyway, Every since...

Last reply
  • Sweaty and flushed face that lasted for 2 hours

I am always a regular bathroom person. My normal time is between the hours of 7 am and 10 am. It’s always normally falls in that time frame. However yesterday was a different case however. I tried at 7 am and couldn’t go. Felt like I was constipated. Then I went on a trip for the day and was back home...

Posted
  • Can’t make my stool come out

So I haven’t pooped in a couple days. And yesterday I tried and it just wouldn’t come out. It hurt really bad. It was too big.  I’m 14 and won’t tell my parents. Because I just moved in and it’s kinda awkward. I don’t know what to do. Also I have anxiety with toilets at my home. So I only poop in...

Last reply
  • My bottom is really hurting.

I’ve recently become very constipated due to the big decrease in physical activity as I had to take 1 month off work due to dislocating my knee. Last night it was like I gave birth.... tmi I know but it was the biggest thing I’ve ever passed. I’d been trying for an hour to get it out and when it did...

Last reply
  • Constant Nausea, tons of tests, help!

Hello. On December 2nd, I ate McDonald’s because everyone in my house was too lazy to make food. Immediately after I was by the toilet the whole night feeling like I would throw up, but never did. If I stepped away from my head in the toilet, I felt nauseous. I eventually fell asleep in my bed at about...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.