Constipation

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have persistent constipation, a totally new thing for me, at 76. ive had all the tests and a colonoscopy and nothing abnormal showed up. My bowels went back to normal for three days after the colonoscopy but now the constipation is back, worse than before.i have always had a very good diet, eat fibre cereal and six fruit and veg a day. i also play tennis and golf. dont know what more I can do. started on Movicol but doesnt seem to be working. Should i go back to Laxido which did work a little, prior to colonoscopy. The only causes I can think of are a course of antibiotics in May and then in June I gashed my shin, having to keep my leg elevated for longer periods of time. would it help to see a dietician?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.