Hard stools in morning.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with stage 1 hemorrhoids. I have hard stools in the mornings only, and usually its only the first section of my bowel movement, the second half is perfectly soft and easy to pass, but the first part is pellet poops. Then I have another stool movement around 3pm and it is completely normal.

I have a very good diet and drink plenty of water. Does anyone know why this is happening every morning??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nikki, omg this is me!!! I don't know anyone who has this happen to. I took a week of antibiotics last year and ever since my poop first thing in the morning is hard/dry and sometimes breaks off into pellets. i've still got this and have tried everything $$. Has anything worked for you???

• Posted

I have no idea why that happens but its also happened to me before. The first part of my stool is really hard and difficult to pass but the remainder is smooth. Maybe its because the first part has remained in the bowel for a longer period of time. Unfortunately, the first part probably leads to the haemorrhoids. I sympathize as I have had them many times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.