Afraid to go to the bathroom for fear of getting stuck!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve been dealing with constipation issues for the past year. I can only attribute it to getting older - never had any problems before that. I won’t go into the details of what I have tried - I’ve taken lots of great hints from videos and forums; a lot of it seems to work - and then suddenly it doesn’t. I know what to eat, what not to eat - and I have eliminated using Miralax, etc. from my regime, altho I take Magnesium, Senna, and probiotics every morning - and 2 glasses of water prior to my breakfast and before coffee.

About a week ago, I was thrilled that I had the first normal BM for 3-4 days; so I was heading in the right direction…I was on the right path - until several days ago - what happens is, I may have a normal poop - but then it feels that there is more….so I push gently, trying not to strain - and nothing else comes out - but I’m left with the feeling that there is a hard rock stuck inside of me that I can’t get out. I can’t get comfortable, I can’t sleep - and it’s total hell. I’ve GOT to get whatever is there - out!!! In any way I can….

At some point - I have to stop - because I become exhausted or the area hurts to much - I feel as if I’m being broken in half and wide open in the area; but when I feel back there - it’s just me…the swelling of excess tissue from straining. Sometimes, there IS something there - other times, there is nothing - it just ‘feels’ that way. So, I don't really know for sure whether to try or not.

But all I know is that I can’t leave it like it is. I’ll do anything to get it out!!! I sometimes resort (too often lately) to an enema…not a whole enema - but I squirt a little when I’m sitting there in the hopes it will soften at least part of it…sometimes it helps just a little. I also know that eating prunes ‘always’ does the trick - but I usually have to wait for an hour or 2 for things to get going - or eat something so peristalsis stimulates things to move.

Then what happens is overkill - that is, it keeps on coming - lots of diarrhea and I have no idea when it’s going to end…I’m on the toilet way too long….my cat needs me at times - and there I am sitting on the toilet!!! What happened to those 4 days of normal pooping? I was SO happy & relieved - but I don't know what happened.

I think some of it may be psychological - being afraid or trying to hard doesn’t help me. But I have to find a way that will work for me…I thought I did - until it didn’t. When this occurs I just want to die!!!

Any thoughts? I never knew pooping could be such a problem....

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.