Foods that work for constipation

Posted , 13 users are following.

i have had constipation and have been taking Laxido for years which of course is now a waste of time. Has anyone any idea of the foods that really get things moving. I have heamorroids quite badly and hard stools are really painful. Sorry about the spelling I just took a stab at it.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I used to suffer with constipation a lot myself and was prescribed Laxido but found it no good too I can give you some ideas that worked for meI regually take Lactulose prescribed by the doctor and when i have bad days i take Cho-Yung body teatox i got from Amazon also i eat bananas when the skin goes black. they are mushy then. Brocoli plenty of water stopped having milk completely if you need any more help please reply

• Posted

My wife takes Laxido and I take Lactulose neither are really effective for stubborn constipation.

My diet preferences are two oranges a day, dates and wholemeal bread. I have a fairly ripe banana most days as well as broccoli but had not realised them to be in that that category

I think that in your and my GP's opinion that I drink too much milk. well over a pint a day.

• Posted

I only noticed this week that the lactulose PIF says to take it half way through breakfast.

• Posted

I take the Lactulose dosage before bedtime swallowed with warm water. works for me

• Posted

I don't dilute it in warm water I wash it down in warm waterthat way the Lactoluse helps to draw the water into your bowels which then helps to soften your stoolsand i find that while asleep the lactoluse can do its job Don't expect it to work on the first night but it will work in time and you can also take it at breakfast time too and water too

• Posted

I take it after breakfast and before bedtime. Who suggested the warm water ?

• Posted

how long have you been taking lactulose and laxido? do they not cause dependence? I fear that daily consumption may make me habituated to it and the suggested dose won't work. Thanks in advance.

• Edited

Hi Bianca, First be sure to get your MIN 6 glasses of water and then other fluids too, esp..if you're sweating, if its hot out, exercising helps move things along(even just walking)...increase your fiber (around 20 g/daily, use something like Benefiber & etc) yogurt with probiotics...also cutting back on dairy(other than you yogurt) it can be constipating, try prunes/prune juice...ask your DR for something like PEG3350/RESTORALAX(other names) it sucks water into the bowel, it takes a few days to kick in but, it can clean out everything, even if its been awhile or you are already constipated...you can mix it with liquid...I take it for 6 days, skip one....it works great!!! No cramps, no bad gas pain, no bloating...works every time...You can also lightly massage your belly, it can help relax spasm and move things along, a heating pad helps too, ask your Dr if these things can be helpful to you!! Good Luck & BEST WISHES💒☮🌈🎶♾💞🐾🍀

• Posted

Pruness work like a charm...but if I eat too many of them, I'm on the toilet for at least an hour - not sure when I'm going to get off. It's horrible!!! So, I guess it's experimenting with the amount of prunes I eat!

• Posted

hi just joined could you let me know if you got this message please

• Posted

hi just joined could you let me know if you have got this message please

• Posted

I have tried drinking water every day, eating fruits and veggies, etc., and still suffer with Constipation regularly. I think what has helped me the most was to get my system cleared out with a laxative and then started over with stool softeners and miralax each day, weaning myself down to every other day, every few days, etc, kind of playing with the plan to see what kept me feeling ok. I finally read somewhere to try eating an apple with 16 oz of water, eat a bite or 2 and drink a few drinks of water every couple of bites, and CHEW the apple until it is almost already digested in your mouth, then swallow. I also started doing this with celery sticks, and I have found this is working for me, after a few weeks, no more meds. The fiber and water together are like a super hydration because they attach to each other and the fiber makes the water be more hydrating, and the water makes the fiber more useful. I used to drink plenty of water and then eat fruits / veggies alone, or have soda, and never understood why I had so many problems still. also I found that Iced Tea is very bad for my digestive system, so I have to really water my tea down or not drink it at all. I have read many posts and responses on this website and everyone has way worse issues than I have ever had (mine have felt awful and I haven't had near the issues others talk about). But I wanted to share this info, in case it helps someone out there as well. everyone's body works different, and it takes a lot of trial and error to get things sorted out sometimes. **Also, such a great idea to drink warm / hot water with your meds, helps them dissolve faster and absorb into your system.

• Posted

Hi,

I've had constipation problems for the past year. As far as foods, what helps me always poop is having several prunes followed by about 16 oz water. 4 hours later, it's a bit overkill I think, but it does work for me. I just have to figure out how to not GO so much.

• Posted

I suffer from constipation and haemorrhoids frequently. My stools are often large and dry, making them painful and difficult to pass. Very little helps me to go the rhubarb sometimes works. A morning run can also help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.