Acidy feeling goes away after eating

Posted , 4 users are following.

So Ive a possible 'acid reflux' for about 4 maybe 5 years now, and have previously been in Lansoprazole. I've been back to the doctors and I'm due an endoscopy beginning of next month along with an ultrasound for my lover and gall bladder. I'm almost certain it's not an acid reflux as such as the burning sensation goes when I eat, so I find myself forever eating which is not good! The sensation is in my stomach, chest and throat. But for a while now I've been experiencing a 'hiccup' as such which may be connected. It's a burping sensation in the stomach before it happens, comes out as a loud hiccup {which feels slightly uncomfortable} then I burp a little after? Someone please help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did the lansoprazole help? If so, you probably have acid hyper-secretion and may need to continue taking acid suppresants to deal with it - unless you can discover particular triggers. But the fact your constantly feeling hungry could be because your stomach is consistently too acidic.

The endoscopy will see if there's any damage to oesophagus or stomach. They may want to schedule a 24 hr pH manometry to measure your stomach acid levels.

• Posted

Hello, no not really. Ive been on it for years, and even doubled the dosage, just seemed to make no difference. I had a hplior test, twice in fact, but both times negative. And I'm not sure if it is hunger, the pain just tends to go away when I eat.
  • Posted

Hello Chloe, excuse the private message route, but my long usual advice has been posted that many times regular users might be sick of seeing it when a new sufferer seeks advice! Hunger can make these stomach troubles feel worse prior to eating. I suffer from gastritis and have often experienced some ease of discomfort once I've eaten, though it is not usually burning that I feel which is then eased. The stomach spasm you mention also rings a bell, only mine occur usually in the night if I've gone to bed too far towards hunger. A hiccup also often occurs for the same reason in the night. You'll see a little more on this in my main advice, though your spasm/hiccup might be for another reason. This first message is limited to 100 characters, so back with a second one shortly.
  • Posted

My doctor just described met Baclofen for controlling spams. It also should work for hiccups it says.

I haven't tried it yet, because I first want to try some other things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.