acitretin

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi had HS for many years have been put on acitretin has anyone had these tablets and if so how did it go

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I too suffer from HS, painful.  I have been going to a plastic surgeon here in Syracuse,  NY, and the advice I got is very helpful.  Don't put anything topical on your skin accept pure Aloe on the infected areas, because topical creams can clog your pores even more.  Initially I was put on Clindamycin 300mg 3 times a day for a week which helped tame my breakout.  I also shower 3 times a day with Dial Gold bar soap and apply 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to the affected areas after I shower and sometimes more.  It burns, but doesn't anymore after a week or so.  

Make sure your doctor gives you a week supply of the Clyndamycin you can start taking if you get a flare up.  Don't take it unless you have to, it can cause major diarrhea.  

If you get dry skin from the soap, I use Nivea Men's body lotion everywhere accept where skin rubs on skin.  I also take Tumeric tablets everyday and made an effort to lose weight.  Believe me, losing extra weight helped a ton!  Good luck!

• Posted

That's for psoriasis... Try them, keep a diary of how bad your condition was before, during and after as well as any side effects.

If it doesn't work, cross it off the list and try the next one.

Along with diet, health, fitness, identifying if there any food tigers, supplementation ( zinc, probiotics, turmeric for some people) topical wash... Clindamycin, or hydrogen peroxide.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.