Acitretin and Calcitriol

Posted , 4 users are following.

As these are useful for psoriasis has anyone tried them with LS? Also Calcitriol ointment is supposed to reverse steroid thinning which i have while Ammonium Lactate can do the same and prevent thinning as well when taking a steroid. Anybody tried? Any info?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

From what I've gathered, medics seem to think that the thinning from the strong steroid counteracts the thickening  caused by LS and that is part of the benefit of it, so I'd be careful with this as you don't want to make the thickening any worse.
    • Posted

I think there are two kinds of tissue that we're dealing with: the white bits, which thicken, and the rest, which are subject to inflammation and thinning.
    • Posted

You're right!

When I apply the cortisone, I put most of it where the white streaks are and spend a lot of time rubbing it in. Then I just sort of swoosh around whatever ointment is left onto the rest of the tissue. I would do the reverse for the antidote. (Best guess)

I don't think I have a bad case though. It can be hard to give general advice on anything to do with LS.

• Posted

I dont have any whiteness, the steroids atrophied my skin. My treatment is different and if I was to take steroids again I need to know if I can counterract the thinning. More interested in the drugs in the title though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.