acl reconstruction and meniscus repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am due to have acl reconstruction and meniscus repair what would be the recovery time as im also due for carpul tunnel surgery can anyone give my any info thanks graham.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

no clue, but whatever you do at physio do at home as much as you can
  • Posted

Hi it's usually at least 18 months for ACL construction, only know this as a friend threw netball ruptured her ACL and had it reconstructed. I have teared my meniscus by playing netball, and has been just over a year, and still can't play again yet. My consultant said it will at least be a year for it to heal and settle down. I go to psyio once a week which really helps. Luckily I diden't need surgery.

As 2faroboy said keep up with the pysio at home as well after surgery and when you do attend physio. A good idea is to write down any questions you want to ask your consultant, as you usually forget lol, like I did on many occasions. Hope all goes well and keep us updated after your surgery

• Posted

For the carpal tunnel it's much easier. You usually wear a splint 7-14 days and then can use the hand for light activities. Not much need for PT
  • Posted

Full recovery for ACL reconstruction is generally 9-12 months.

Best of luck.

• Posted

thank you all for the info i will keep you informed after my surgery hopefully it will go well thanks again
  • Posted

Hi all had my opp on the 22nd feb it took 3hours my surgeon said i would have no movement for two weeks its only been 6 days and i have 90 degree movement is this normal and i have a dull toothache like pain even after taking pain killers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.