ACM symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I group my names Anthony I don't know what is going on with me the inside of my head is vibrating it has went to my chest when I lift my shoulders or shred them I get that vibration that travels all the way up my head . My left temple when I touch it Senesi sensation to my left eyelid and nose and when I touch the temple DeVane feels hard. I also have tinnitus in my ears and for some reason that I don't know it keeps me awake  all night and I can't sleep I have severe insomnia now does anybody have any type of information I am desperate please help me. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Anthony,

Have you seen a doctor yet, gathering from my experience, the first state of my chiari was like you..I went to my gp and she thought that I have Vertigo..because after taking Betahistine (SerC 16) I was OK, but as the tie went on..that symptom getting worse, twitching on the eye lid, horrendous headache, its effected my balance..slowly-slowly I could not swallow, keep fainted when having a sneeze, cough or a sharp moved..in the end..its debilitating me andended up blackout for several minutes, by the time they scan/mRi they realised it was Chiari malformation, they offered me surgery..but I was too scared..kept taking medicine ..but none of them helped, in the end I took the advice..and now after 14 months decompression, I have my life back..so..my suggestion to you is..write it down how you feel, get your doctor to refer you to Neurologist, ask for Mri /scan..tell them its effecting your Quality of Life..you feel like you are disable..if they fiind out its Chiari..PLEASE DO SURGERY As Soon As Possible (that is my opinion) in the meantime..take it eASY..BUT KEEP MOVING GENTLY..IF YOU CAN ..take any multi vitamin which content high dose of Magnesium and Selenium...GOOD LUCK..but please dort yourself out..dont leave it too late..you don't want to damage your nerve....

• Posted

Great, I hope that help you, I do not want to scare you..but if only I have got some one at that time advice me I would have done surgery straight though..instead of damaging myself and also suffered so much..it is not worth it..Chiari if a defect...so no medicine can help..just like some fracture their hips or joint they need surgery..tablets won't do....Well good luck to you..keep us informed..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.