acne

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all please help i feel like im the only one. I was on elste duo  Im post meno, i changed to femseven patch because of acne. I came off it last week  because it came out again but really bad.there on my face,chest and back,really sore. Im going to see dr on thursday but dont no if the HRT causing it or just me. I been ok off the patch for almost a week so do i risk starting again or go natural. Has anybody else had this is it the Hrt causing it any info will be good

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm still learning Learning here prei.

but your done prei and done menopause and still need a HRT? Maybe medical reason sorry don't mean it be  rude or anything blessings hope you find a answer try natural first then see 

• Posted

Lol dont worry, im in post which means i havent had a period for 3 years this means post meno,I started peri at 45,when i became 49 it hit me bad,in & out hospital diagnosed with angina but it think it was acid reflux.

then at 50 the hot flushes came so no sleeping just dripping with sweat,then started day time too i was on natural for a year,it worked at first then i went to drs begging for HRT which i been on for 6 months.You think like me it goes when you stopped period but it didnt for me hit got worse they say it can last for another 15 years great!!!!try tellin hubby and the kids this,they thought i was going to be myself again but oh no still the evil & moany one with all the problems.Believe me i just wanna be normal again.

• Posted

Honey my best advice is...don't come off this drug suddenly.....your symptoms will return....and probably worse ( you'll see this advice in the drugs contraindications ) 

you have to wean yourself off it gradually.....

half the dose for a while, then a quarter etc,etc,.....it took me many months to come off mine....but am fine now, post menopause, and good.....HRT just gave my body a chance to get used to " the change"  we're all individuals....so what works for some will not work for us all...

talk to a good doctor, he or she will give you some advice.

good luck.

• Posted

Aww thanks Mel i have been off the patch for a week now and feeling good  no hot flushes and apart from acne spots,kidney infection and tonsilites and i still cant get an appointment till Thursday, lol, good old Drs, so I dont no if i should start again . Im too scared to tell dr this though so dont dobb me in lol. i just want to no could it be too much of testerone as this is what i been reading or do i need HRT at all !!! i would like to try to stay off so i can see,if i do get the flushes back again i start it again.Hope this makes senseredface
  • Posted

Sure...but only a week off it is kind of early days.....DO tell your doctor ! It won't be anything he or she hasn't heard before.....and just let them give you some advice....

i'm guessing you've been using a twice weekly patch ?  I've missed a couple in the past and  just started again the next week......but you wouldn't want to do it often....REALLY screw your system up and do nothing for any spots....!!!!

good luck hun. 

• Posted

i agree mel. i think thats what happened but i had the spots last month too so so confused .I spoke to pharmistist today, she was very sympthetic,she adviced getting full blood count done as there something going on my spots are soooo bad.She also said that any HRT will have side effects but to its for me to decide and outway them. She also told me that when you come off the HRT the symptoms of meno usaualy come back.So now i have to weigh up what i want to do, also my sister has just has a stroke at 60 she was on a very small dose through to having a heart attack at 50. I will tell the DR though i think i give up and dont really care anymore,I let you no what she says.
  • Posted

Don't feel like that honey...there IS help out there truly.....and oddly enough, that's what I was going to say to you......PHARMACISTS are the best source of helpful info in regard to any drugs, preparations you may be taking in my experience...

theyre re dealing with it on an everyday basis, hundreds of people at a time....and they know exactly what will work with who....

as for HRT ..base your decision on medical history and importantly quality of life ! I did and I've never regretted it.....life is too short for distress..

good luck.

• Posted

Well i been to the drs,she said, oh my, to the spots !!!prescribed 2 months of antibiotics.She thinks its the HRT giving too much eastrogen,said what you want to do about it i suppose you best come off it,i agreed to give it ago on my own as i do react to any medication.I have blood tests next week which i asked for.So we see what they tell and how i get on without the HRT.she gave me some info on natural remedies.Oh one more thing i said how do i come off it slowly,she said no just stop it you be ok.
  • Posted

Hmmmm ok, well, that wasn't my experience..but hey I'm not a doctor......she may be basing her decision on your skin problems? 

You can only see how you feel and take it one step at a time.....antibiotics will help hopefully..

good luch hun. X

• Posted

HI all thought id let you no how its all going.Came off HRT and 3 months down the rd,feeling great,still hot at night but coping on my menopace and fx nutrition,hopefully,fingers crossed i stay like this.

Thanks for all yoursupport xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.