Acne

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi everyone. in just wondering has anyone any solutions or homemade remedies for acne. Can you give me advice on how you got rid of your acne if youve had it. im 27 and i have it on my face. im so concious about it and I really need some help. i absolutely hate it. i feel so ugly with it. i cant leave my house without makeup. and id really live to go a day without having to wear it. any advice is appreciated thank u

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey, I completely understand how you feel. i've had cystic acne for 10 years, huge spots on my chin that change the shape of my face. nothing would hide it. At first i tried every home remdedy, then went to doctors, was on antibiotcs etc for over year, still all came back. Ive recently finished isotretinion & its the only thing that actually worked for me. I know it has bad press but for severe acne it really is the only thing that can completely remove it, the side effects weren't great but for me it was worth it as i was at a very low point before i started them. Try all the home remedies first though & see your gp 😃

• Posted

its horrible isnt it. thank u i will try home remedies first xx

• Posted

Give up dairy, sugar and alcohol for a month if you can, see if there is an improvement. These foods/drinks, all affect your hormones and if you try and eat a low gi diet and drink lot of water, I bet you will see an improvement.

Also a bit of sun on your skin can help.

It can be quite expensive but I have heard salicylic acid is supposed to be good as well as jojoba oil. I have not personally tried them but I saw something on a daytime television show about them.

• Posted

Hi Rachel, I know how it feels and I've had it for more than 10 years. Nothing seems to work, home remedies, creams etc. I've gone to a lot of derm clinics but it was all the same, they will give topical meds which will work for couple of weeks but it surely comes back after that. I was so depressed, frustrated and losing hope.

The only thing that worked for me was Accutane (Isotretinoin). I went to my Dr. and he said it was a little bit late because the acne was already leaving scars but still we tried. They will test you first if you can take the medicine because it is really strong. But the effect is really worth it. I had it for 5 mos, it really cured my acne and till now 4 yrs later i never had any breakouts like before.

I understand that we have different kinds of skins and probably what worked for me does not work for you. Hope everything will work out for you in the end.

• Posted

thanks for your advice i might mention it to my doctor Xx

• Posted

Hi Rachel, I totally get where you're coming from and I'm sorry to hear how much your skin is impacting you. It's soo debilitating! My hormones and are out of balance currently and I have terrible skin and increased hair growth on my face. Its a constant battle and It's making me so depressed. I read today aloe vera from the plant applied directly like a mask can really help. I haven't tried it yet but plan to. worth a shot! I also went to a naturopath and got prescribed a herbal mix and probiotic. It's always linked to our gut so good go try to treat from the inside out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.