Acne all over

Posted , 4 users are following.

So.. I'm 16, and I've had really bad acne ever since puberty. Around 12, if I'm not mistaken. I think it's hereditary, since my older brother (4 years older than me) and my older cousin (<1 year older than me) have the same symptoms. The acne spreads to the face, neck, shoulders, arms (up until the elbow, some beyond it), chest (more prominent in the upper chest), and back (all over). In some instances, it reaches until the buttocks. I wouldn't say I have a healthy lifestyle, as in the past years I have been somewhat an insomniac (sleeping around 11-3, sometimes 4, sometimes never), and almost never eat fruit, mostly eating burgers, fries, typical stuff, but I stay away from junk food (chips). I live in the Philippines, so there's the idea of the climate. And we've tried using products such as sulfur soap, face cleansing liquids that are applied with cotton, and face wash (if that's what it's called?). I haven't tried going to an actual dermatologist or a clinic of sorts to actually 'cleanse', but it's within the options. Are there any ways to rid this? All options and opinions are welcome.

(I know it's off-topic, but I'm slightly dark-toned and want to lighten my skin. I don't really know which group that goes to, can you guys tell me? Much appreciated.)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Araph,

Acne is a condition of inflammation or pimples on the skin. They occur mostly in the areas where there are plenty of active oily glands. This is the reason why acnes are mostly found to occur on the face, back, neck and upper arms. If not treated on time they can even leave scars.

Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Acne

Pound the orange skin with water on a piece stone and apply to acne affected areas. One of the good home remedy for acne.

Apply lemon juice and rose water in equal amount with a cotton ball and leave for half an hour and wash. Repeat this remedy for 20-25 days.

Make a fine paste from sandalwood and black gram. Apply rose water on the face before applying paste. Now apply paste over the whole face and leave it overnight. Clean your face clean with cool water in the morning

Mix honey and cinnamon powder into a fine paste. Apply on the acne pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for 2-3 weeks, pimples will disappear forever.

Make a fine paste of turmeric powder with neem leaves. Apply on acne. Wash it off after 25-30 minutes with lukewarm water.

• Posted

Hey,

I have also faced a similar scenario, so I know how annoying it can be. But thankfully, there are some home remedies that can solve your acne problem. The first thing I would like to suggest you that stop using chemical based products (if you are using).

Then choose effective and natural ingredients such as Apple Cider Vinegar, blend of Honey and Cinnamon, Tea tree oil and Green Tea. Also, get rid of bad habits and live a healthy life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.