acne and lighting different faces!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does any one find that different lighting shows a different face! For me I suffer from what I think is mild to moderate acne and also what my doctor calls it and yes in some lights I agree my skin can look almost clear but often I see my skin in sunlight or maybe just a different mirror in different part of my house and I can see 100s of pimples white heads etc to the point where I don't want to leave the house! And it really upsets me really just want to know what other ppl see when they look at me.

I am 26 married and have broke out over the past couple months and it a taking over my life!!

Am I just looking too much? Or is it worse than I think sad

Any advice would be welcome smile

Xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, 

I'm not sure that this will help but I wanted to say that I too feel the same way as you, in fact I am a similar age and by the sounds have a similar level of acne.

When I'm indoors and under artificial lighting, I don't feel too bad without make up on, but I feel really vulnerable when I go outside in natural daylight! In fact I never go out in natural light without foundation on, but I still feel that all the little bumps/marks are magnified in the sun. (The worst is when you look at your reflection in the car window as you are getting out...) rolleyes That light is never flattering.

What I want to say (and hope that it's true) is that actually it's totally not as bad as we think it is, and actually we notice it more because we are so uber aware of every single imperfection. How many times a day do you find you check yourself out, just to see if the spots are still there?! (and they always are, boo!).

I too get totally hung up on it and tbh my husband seems kind of puzzled as to why, as he always says 'it doesn't matter'! And really, when you think about it, it honestly doesn't. The content of your character is more important.

If you look on YouTube, look up the 'You Look Disgusting' video posted by a girl (also called Emma!) that does a blog about make up for pale skin. It kind of made me well up when I watched it, but it also made me think a bit more about how I don't want to let my acne define who I am.

I really hope that helps you biggrin

• Posted

Hi Emma, totally agree with you. And agree with the post from mad123, the car window is the absolute worst. I have friends with acne, who's skin I'm aware of only because acne has always been an issue for me and I'm always analysing, but in some lights, you wouldn't think they had a problem at all, and these are guys who don't wear make up. Lighting can be the best and worst friend. The saving grace is that if in some lighting, you feel confident, you're probably seeing yourself how others see you. Most people talk to people with eye contact and following lip movements when you talk, especially close friends, so it's more about how you let it affect you.
  • Posted

Sorry to who has replied I havnt been on here in awhile.

I just wanted to say that I had been told I have pcos and that is probs the route cause of my skin troubles.

At the moment me and my hubby are ttc so so I can't go bk on the ocp to control my skin.

I am going to have to go on different fertility drugs so am sure my skin will get worse.

So about 6 weeks a go my skin was looking ok and I actually forgot to put my normal acne treatment for a few days but also didn't look at my reflection much and just somehow thought stuff it I don't care.

My husband recommend why don't you just stop using anything stop putting make up on through day and just see how you go.

Did my spots all disappear. .err no nothing is that easy! But it did improve greatly of course I still have spots here and there but I havnt picked popped obsessed over them in so long my scaring has almost gone so skin looks better.

Am not saying this will work for every1 but I honestly think worrying about skin 24 7 actually makes it worse!

I only check my skin out once a day if am going somewhere where I want to look my best maybe when I put abit make up on and I dunno if it's just a mind over matter thing but I feel so.much better!

Hope this helps

It's really not that bad!!!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.