Acne and pimples

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies, I m already four years into menopause, and this past 6 months something completely new and unknown to me before, started: breakouts! On my nose I get pimples ( white heads), and both on my nose and my face I get also so called blind pimples: those that are under skin and never get ripe, and last forever, and the discoloration basically never goes away. I did not have acne or bad pimples literally NEVER, not in my teenage years, not later. What new hell is this? I also do not know how to prevent them, or make them last shorter. My dermatologist, who is very good, gave me high blood pressure medication, but I truly do not want to put yet another prescription medication into my body ( those are oral pills to reduce and control blood pressure). I did confirm on several respectable medical web sites that these are actually prescribed for hormonal acne, so, he knew what he was doing, but I am not taking them. Does anyone else has this problem, and of so, do you know how to fight it? I do use OTC spot medication for acne, but I do not believe this is enough. I hate this so much, really.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i never had acne in all my life a few years ago i started breaking out and it hasnt stopped i have so much scarring on my face from it. but her recently i started using a facial scrub from walmart their brand and it seems to be keeping me from breaking out so far. i wash my face twice a day with it morning evening.

• Posted

yes im 50 now and about 2 months ago started having break outs never ever in my life have i had any breakouts at all til menapause hit i swear its something new every other day i havent done anything tet to help it going to ask dermatologist monday when i see him what the heck i can do that isnt a pill for it i was just hoping it woukd go away by now but it hasnt yet so annoying so now im 50 and have break outs so weird

• Posted

hi lana im 7 years into my menopause but i get real bad hot flushs i have always suffered with spot but since menopause started my skim has been so much better but were im sweating and having hot flushes which are driving me mad i do get the odd spot i use bye bye blemish its about 10 pound a bottle and it is really good it drys your spot out it is amazing stuff please give it a try

• Posted

hi

yes me to under the skin - tea tree oil is helping currently. i use it to clean my face and steam at least once a week.

• Posted

You can try a healthy skin detox tea-- I used to drink this years ago for pimples. Also I started using a BHA --paulas choice --which also helped a lot.

• Posted

Dear ladies, Thank you all very much for advice, yes, I will try some of the products you suggested. God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.