Acne from Food !

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

my name is Ali and this is my story

in 2012, i had acne and it happened to be due Chocolat, then i stopped it and my skin was clear for almost a year and then, now and from months, it's back and every time i eat oily foods, pizza, chicken or even some vegies i get acne on the next day, so i bot Isotretinoin 10mg, i wanted to avoid critical side effects, so i'm taking 20mg per day since now 2 days, my acne still the same and still getting new pimples, so is this normal ? or i have to increase the dosage ? because i'm notsuffering from severe acne, only pimples around my mouth, near the nose, sometimes when i eat pizza i got pimples on my cheek. so should i continue with my current dosage or increase it ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry but it is very unlikely that your acne is caused by food.  It used to be thought that chocolate and other things caused it or made it worse but modern thought is that is not the case.

It is just "possible" that you are suffering some sort of alergic reaction although this is less common than is thought or simply that you feel that it gets worse when you eat certain things. 

Although as I say medical thought these days is that diet has very little to do with acne it does no harm to eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and as little fat and alcohol as you can bear.

Press on with the treatment - it will [in most cases] get better!

• Posted

Thank you simonthebird for your response.

actually i don't know that is the real problem, my skin doctor told me that it's a hormonal inbalance problem and prescribed me this medic.

• Posted

I agree with your dr its nothing you eat thats a myth i no mines hormomal and i think you find yours is too . Im on antibiotics for acne ,in 52 and had it so bad it looked like chicken pox.I use neutragena wass twice a day and topical lotion.good luck i no how you feel take care xx

• Posted

HI I agree.  Acne is a skin disease and not caused by what you eat.   Eating junk food can make it worse but it is not a cause.   It's your sebacious glands which produce too much oil that causes acne.   x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.