Acne on face that won’t go away.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a male 37 years old. I had a acne/zit pop up about half a inch from the corner of my lip. its been 6 weeks and this thing keeps coming and going. It festered and I popped it within a week of having it and it almost healed a few days after that. Then it festered again. This has been a revolving door of almost healing and coming back week after week for and month and a half. I make sure it keep it clean. I eat, brush my teeth and waterpik so I dont accidentally touch the area. I work from home and everytime I eat and get anything on the area I wash and moisturize with a acne cream. im baffled this zit wont go away!

Do I just wait this out and it will eventually heal

( maybe it just will take time) or do I need medical attention!!??????

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do not pick at and definitely never pop acne pimples. That will spread any infection and it will keep coming up in the same place. Keep your hands away from your face. Do you talk on your mobile phone a lot? You could pick up bacterial infection from there,so give it a good clean. Use a benzoyl peroxide medication on just the spot and it should dry up. Keep the preparation well away from your mouth/lips.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.